• May 04, 2024, 08:04:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR insert text is thin and transparent  (Read 75204 times)

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »
You can print black ink without white backing and have it be opaque. Look at Mirco playfields and you'll see the ink opacity is far greater than what CC has been producing.

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
I provided two sets of high definition pictures of my inserts to Chicago Gaming when the machine is unpowered and when the lights are on.  The photo's show illegible inserts when lit and one with a brown stained area that further blurs the text.  The ticket is pending.  My machine is brand new (MMR0635) with less than 50 plays and the inserts look so bad that I'm not playing it as much as I would like to.  The last response from Chicago Gaming indicates that they are reviewing my ticket but that is it difficult because it is subjective.  To be honest and will full respect for Chicago Gaming for bringing a great game back to life, there is very little that's subjective about my photographs, the inserts are horrible.   I have had more than a dozen local collectors look at my machine and the overall opinion is consistent with what I have shared.  I hope that corrective action is proactively taken without having those of us that have received defective playfields having to defend what is so very obviously a quality defect.

Thank you Rick for your continued support and updates regarding this matter.  Can't wait for your next title and I truly hope that Chicago Gaming maintains our respect and confidence by resolving this matter.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 01:10:15 PM »
They reviewed my pics and concluded that mine would have passed their inspection.  It's quite obvious that their standards on a $8k machine are much lower than the clients.
We'll see how their handling of this effects people ordering game #2,3....

Offline pale

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »
gliebig: Can we please see your inserts?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:18:44 PM by pale »

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
I'll have to dig up the pics when I get home.  What I noticed on mine is that the ink is inconsistent across each word.  Sometimes the left portion of the ink is thin and gets better on the right and vice versa.  It doesn't look as bad in pics, but trying to read them at an angle while your playing, it is very noticeable.

I think they are asking for unlit pics because it's easier to say " it passes inspection" since the ink doesn't look bad until it's lit.

Offline Pablito

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2016, 11:10:24 PM »
Keith, can you share your pics here? I want to see how they compare to mine and others I've seen.

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »
Hi, I am sorry for the late reply.  I have attached a PDF with multiple pictures of my inserts.  Please note that this is the second set of pic's that were sent to Chicago Gaming.  As I mentioned earlier, I have owned an original MM and the inserts in my game are not even close to my original 15+ year old game.  I've also looked at other MMR's from earlier production dates and there's no comparison, my inserts are illegible.  I have noticed similar to other comments in this blog that the letters often get worse (less clear) from one side to the other.  I am a big fan of PP and Chicago Gaming and I am planning to purchase Rick's next game but to be honest, if CG doesn't respect my request given the quality of the picture's I've sent, I may not purchase game #2.  I take quality very seriously and believe in good business ethics so let's see what happens.

Offline adie161265

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 03:19:44 PM »
Mine are exactly the same MMr 565, I watched the video on the front end of the site and was amazed how clear they should be, I even tried greased proof paper under my insert to take away the LED intensity, I still cant read the white insert names between the slings, I struggle to read them with the game turned off.
Current line up TAF, TZ, CV, HS2 and MMr on order

Too late to play FT, STtNG, Jokerz

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2016, 07:09:59 PM »
Have you filed a ticket?  I think it is important for anyone with this issue to file a ticket to help accurately portray the percentage of dissatisfied and/or concerned customers.

Offline mbuawa

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2016, 10:01:30 PM »
I received an email from CGC today. They said they have diffusers which lessen the effect of the bright LED's and are going to include them with all future new manufactured machines.

My issue is as follows:

I went to Logan Arcade in Chicago tonight, which has one of the original MMR's. Their inserts are nice and black, the LED's don't wash out the inserts at all. I do not believe the issue is purely a LED brightness issue, I think they do have an ink blackness issue and are trying to fix it with lighting changes. Not sure thats acceptable....Thoughts from my fellow MMR owners?

Offline Pablito

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
I agree. If you look at other MMRs from 400ish and lower they don't have the problem. The problem creeps in on games manufactured from late 400ish to 750ish. We'll see if the 800's and on have the same problem. If not, then that pretty much tells me that CGC changed something in the process on the playfields to ensure a nice solid black on the insert lettering. That would be an admission of a defect in my eyes.

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
CGC said they were going to flood the screens before printing so should help lay down more black. Only question is at what point do these playfields make it into production.

Offline niteravn

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 11:48:45 AM »
Mine came in last week, and the colors are fine.  #736

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
It's obvious that they know a batch of these playfields have defects in the printing.   I'm not sure I care if this diffuser solution works.  The playfields that need them will always be branded as defects.  Completely unacceptable to me as a buyer of an $8k product.  Why do they refuse to do the right thing and just replace these playfields.
Why on earth would I purchase their next game if I don't know if mine will be inferior to the next one on the line and I know that the issue won't be handled properly?

Offline adie161265

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »
I did open a ticket and I have sent pictures, I will see what comes back.

Current line up TAF, TZ, CV, HS2 and MMr on order

Too late to play FT, STtNG, Jokerz