• April 28, 2024, 04:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR insert text is thin and transparent  (Read 74993 times)

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »
I know what it being said now, it's what was said in the past that is annoying as hell. Fing annoying to be told one thing to turn around and be told another. Look forward to my game but damn CGC is doing a horrible job at managing their customer confidence. Maybe on title #2 they'll figure this ou, butt to constantly punt the ball on one of the most iconic titles ever is just sad.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
tell me about it ...

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »
.....I just did.  ;)

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2016, 01:45:05 AM »
I wasn't aware of the insert issue when I bought my MMR, and maybe all the negative insert chat would have steered me away from buying MMR, so I'm glad I didn't know about this issue in advance, because I love the snot out of this game, and am glad I bought it. I was pumped about my new pinball machine, and so looked for fellow enthusiasts to share my excitement, and that's when I read the forum posts about insert issues.

Learning about the insert issue did make me look at the playing field and say, "Yeah, why DIDN'T they make those inserts opaque so you can read them when lit." Then, briefly, I weighed the option to follow the herd and make my own stink about the inserts to get my due.

Yes it would have been better if those letters were opaque and thus readable when lit, but lets be honest... not being able to read the name of the castle's baron doesn't affect game play... at all. The castles light up to count how many you've destroyed. Who it belongs to doesn't affect how you play the game. So, at least for me, I looked at the playing field, thought about how weak the insert letters are, and then said to myself, "Oh well. My turn," and then I hit start, and had a ball.

Yeah, some dummy made a bad call on the insert ink issue. No Christmas bonus for that guy. Yet, there are so many things they got right, and I'm grateful they are cranking out a remake of such an awesome classic, because it allows me to not just own an MM, but to own a pristine shiny new modern technology MM at an reasonably affordable price.

There are so many awesome things to say about this game, I feel like exuding negative energy over something so insignificant would just bringing my own happiness quotient down. I decided instead to look at all that positive energy blinking and pulsating on that playing field, and I allowed myself to be amazed.