• April 28, 2024, 03:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR insert text is thin and transparent  (Read 74991 times)

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
I just received my MMRLE yesterday and The text on the inserts  is very thin and not readable when the light is lit. I would consider this a manufacturing defect because I have definitely seen both original medieval madness and MMR's where this is not an issue at all. Reading through some pinside forum pages it seems that I am not the only one with this issue and also it seems to only be an issue on later runs of MMR.  I've submitted a ticket with CGC and am awaiting a reply. Anyone else on here have the same issue. Any ideas of what steps could be taken to resolve said issue?

Offline Lowrent

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »
I ordered a High Speed playfield reproduction when they were announced, before production.
I was utterly disappointed by the quality of the inserts when I received mine.

When MMr was announced, I was scared and decided to wait, not to be deceived again.

I then saw one live at Pinfest last year and judged the playfield quality was excellent.
Bought one, received it, ghostly text on inserts...

Lesson learned.
In the future, I'll only buy stuff I can see and inspect upfront. Like a steak at the supermarket.

ps : The High Speed and MMr playfields are not produced by the same companies. It's just to illustrate my point.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:38:57 AM by Lowrent »

Offline adie161265

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
I just had a look at mine and they are as yours, let us know how you get on with the ticket but I wouldn't hold your breath.
It does not spoil things for me too much as you can make them out but it looks like you need to go over them with a black sharpie or something.
It seems worse on the orange inserts.
Current line up TAF, TZ, CV, HS2 and MMr on order

Too late to play FT, STtNG, Jokerz

Offline Amigas

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:36:58 PM »
Yes Mine is the same, Disappointing but i'm in australia what they gunna do just have to cop it

Offline IndianaPwns

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
Ticket filed 11 days ago. Awaiting reply. Also a more detailed thread on pinside with more images/examples.

Offline Bobsolete

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »
I have the same problem with mine and have created a ticket that I'm sure will be ignored like the other ticket I created over a month ago.

Offline Blackstorm

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »
Has anyone tried calling cgc to tell them there is a wide problem and see if they are actually looking into this or even gotten a reply?  Having a live conversation with them would be better than an email/ticket. You can get more accomplished by talking with someone. They can choose to not respond/ignore a ticket or email. Or is the only way to talk to someone there is by creating a ticket and hoping they get it or reply?

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »
They are looking into it, I can tell you that many of the pictures are in completely different light, angle, ambient light, mm vs mmr, etc and so it's really hard to compare one vs the other to get a clear picture of any differences. But I did make sure Doug Duba at Chicago Gaming was aware of the topic, and he will look into to it. I've also alerted Stern production manager of it as to see if they can see it, apparently whatever is going on is not obvious and not sure under which light or conditions, etc.

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
It's definitely off if you look at the battle the kingdom insert and the 6 blue inserts underneath it those are all perfectly fine but all the yellow orange and white inserts are translucent even with the LEDs  off. I'll try to get some close ups of mine in the same light both with the the led on and off

Offline Blackstorm

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 04:38:33 PM »
Thank you rick for your reply and also for bringing this to their attention!  My MMRLE has not been made or shipped yet but from what most are saying I'm guessing its true. I hope this gets fixed because I don't want mine showing up like that.

Thanks again

Adrey

Offline IndianaPwns

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They are looking into it, I can tell you that many of the pictures are in completely different light, angle, ambient light, mm vs mmr, etc and so it's really hard to compare one vs the other to get a clear picture of any differences. But I did make sure Doug Duba at Chicago Gaming was aware of the topic, and he will look into to it. I've also alerted Stern production manager of it as to see if they can see it, apparently whatever is going on is not obvious and not sure under which light or conditions, etc.

Hey Rick, thanks for the response. A great way to check for them would be to look at the "Jackpot" and center line of inserts leading up into the castle and compare them to the others (Catapult, Joust, Peasant, Castle...etc. The difference is obvious even without light underneath. They are faded/transparent when the others are opaque.

Offline Pablito

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 05:30:43 PM »
Thanks Rick. Just so we're all on the same page, the problem only shows when lit. When the machine is off, the black text in the inserts looks fine. And the comparisons I have seen are between earlier runs of MMR (up to 400ish look fine) vs newer runs (600ish and up have faded black text). The worst of the fading is in the castle inserts, followed by the catapult, peasant, madness, damsel, joust inserts in no particular order. The jackpots, locks, fire, and the blue inserts leading up to the castle all appear to be much more legible.

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
Here is a video I just made of my MMR so people can see the difference between good and bad inserts on MMR As you can see the castle crusher insert is correct but the surrounding inserts are transparent. I chose to pick these because it shows both what they should all look like versus what the problem inserts look like on the same machine in the same light backlit and not backlit. Keep in mind these are not the worst inserts on the machine and that should tell you a lot
Here is a short clip

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »
same ink on all the inserts, the pattern of the inserts is different may have something to the way light is reflected and diffused, not sure if it's the light hitting the insert pattern underneath differently or if something else. CGC will have to see if they can see what people concerned about.

Offline Lowrent

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 09:44:01 PM »
It's not related to the insert type (frosted or whatnot). The blue inserts all have a white border. Black text screened over white. Two layers of ink, less light passing through. Simple.