• May 11, 2024, 07:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR insert text is thin and transparent  (Read 75660 times)

Offline jamieflowers

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »
You should definitely open it, then open a ticket with CGC if the text is jacked up.

Offline Fibonaccov

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
The white inserts at the bottom are definitely the worst. I cannot read any of the text lit or not lit. It looks cheap. I assume they cannot be replaced easily and I don't want to replace the board myself.
I have the old generation game at some friend and the inserts look a lot better! I will try and post some shots.

Offline mbuawa

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »
I opened a ticket on mine, it does seem odd how faded they appear when the lights are on. The white ones at the bottom are the worse and, just like others have said, I can't read them at all with the lights on, with the lights off they are hard to read. I don't mind if the solution is a corrected blank replacement playfield. I just did a play field replacement on a STTNG, by the looks of things MMR would be a much easier swap. Heck I'd even be willing to pay a little something for a correct play field.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
Is it necessary for everyone to put in a ticket for this or just wait to hear what CGC is going to do?

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »
It is necessary for anyone to put in a ticket if you have this complaint against your game. I talked with CGC today and they have about 20 tickets i.e. 20 affected games that they are aware of. When this first came up they inspected what was currently on the line and I think out of about 30 or so games on assembly they found either one or two that they felt had the issue.

So, yes it is imperative that anyone that feels they have the issue that they get some pictures of it (glass off, lights off, lights on) and submit a ticket with CGC.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

rick

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:08 PM »
Will do.

Offline mazzik

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:27 PM »
I was going to wait to see what the outcome is. However, thanks to Rick's advice, I am going to open a ticket. My machine, MMR #697, has the issue too.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 06:42:04 PM »

fyi ... seems like a portion of this has to do with the fact that of very few inserts MM was designed to NOT have the blocking layer behind the black on many of the inserts. Probably because of the thin text, which if there is the slightest registration between white and black it would not look good ...

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »
I just set up game #635 and my inserts are not visible when the game is turned on.  I compared my machine to friends (earlier production date) and the machines are dramatically different.  It is impossible to even see my inserts with the LED's on.  I opened a ticket and requested a Registration Card that was not sent with my game.

Overall the game is beautiful and plays great although the insert issue is significant especially when I have guests play the game that do not experience with MM.  I have a lot of respect for Planetary and Chicago Gaming and believe they will remedy this issue.

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »
Here's a JPG showing my MMR inserts.

Offline Bitbaron

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »
I'm catching up on the insert issue.

I read CGC is going to do a "SW patch" for the insert issue? This doesn't sound like a great solution when people can compare older builds to this one and can see a physical difference. Wouldn't the SW patch make the machines with the proper inserts now look too dark?

I've also read that Stern has flagged this for rejection in QC but that was before the "SW patch" announcement.

My question is this; Is Stern still inspecting and rejecting the physical problem in QC or are they letting these sail through now that this will be "fixed in SW"?

I'm still waiting on mine. I'm most likely in the the last LE build as I ordered black from JJP. I was ok with being at the end of the build knowing that in MFG, most bugs get screened out after a few production runs. Now I'm a little disappointed I didn't order gold if only to get into the "better" build.

Hoping the answer to my question is "YES" we are still rejecting the bad inserts. Also hoping there are no more production issues.

BB

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »
Of course - both Stern and CGC are inspecting playfields vigorously more than they were.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
I was told yesterday that the fix will be to dim the LED's.  I asked what the backup plan was in case that doesn't work....nothing.  This is their only plan.  I was told that making playfields is complicated and that there will always be variances like this.  REALLY????  Apparently there were a couple people who did get new playfields.  Hmmm...
You would think with the few affected playfields, they would just make it right with the customers.  How much could it really cost them to fix the few properly.  I have a feeling it will cost them more in the long run.  This kind of service makes me not want to give them any more of my $$$. 

These are REMAKES.  If they aren't up to snuff and CS sucks, I'll buy myself an original from now on.

Offline Bitbaron

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »
Of course - both Stern and CGC are inspecting playfields vigorously more than they were.

Good to hear.

Thanks Rick,

BB

Offline Duffbeers

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 06:15:24 AM »
I too have illegible text on my shield inserts #566. I have raised a ticket so I'm included when they come up with a workable fix for the issue. In the mean time I'm just going to continue enjoying the game