• April 28, 2024, 01:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR: Need to keep setting date and time. Help!  (Read 10339 times)

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
MMR: Need to keep setting date and time. Help!
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:24:20 PM »
On my new MMR LE, I've had to set the date and time now three times in a week. When I turn it on, for the third time the test returns the error "Date and Time not set." I would suspect a battery, except it keeps the high scores, and is only losing date and time.

Any advice?

Offline schonb25

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR: Need to keep setting date and time. Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:46:14 PM »
You should create a support ticket with CGC at chicago-gaming.com and have one of the techs work with you.

Marc

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:12:56 PM »
When ever we get the update, that will be fixed. Not a battery.

LTG : )

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:29:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You should create a support ticket with CGC at chicago-gaming.com and have one of the techs work with you.

Marc

Done. I'll await their reply. Thank you for the advice.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:38:39 PM »

Done. I'll await their reply. Thank you for the advice.

I already replied, here and on your ticket.

Offline swagger

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:17:11 AM »
Why has the beta code update that was sent to a few people months ago who complained of this issue and others stopped being sent out and people are now just being told to wait indefinitely?

I never noticed the date and time bug, but I updated to the 1.5.5 beta code anyway and it fixes the screen tearing and greatly improves the look of the DMD by giving different levels of contrast, also the call outs seem clearer and others have reported it fixes the date / time bug. It may not be complete but AFAIK all they were waiting on is the code change to dim the LEDs that not many people will use anyway. For what I can see it's a worthwhile and stable bug fix that makes the game look and sound better.

CGC can fix your bug now Gatinho, I would ring them up and ask them for the 1.5.5 beta code if I were you.

I believe that Beta update has the mostly complete color update. It's not turned on, but I think they are afraid someone might figure out how to enable it. You can see why they decided to pull it, it could impact future software sales for MM.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »
Why has the beta code update that was sent to a few people months ago who complained of this issue and others stopped being sent out and people are now just being told to wait indefinitely?

I never noticed the date and time bug, but I updated to the 1.5.5 beta code anyway and it fixes the screen tearing and greatly improves the look of the DMD by giving different levels of contrast, also the call outs seem clearer and others have reported it fixes the date / time bug. It may not be complete but AFAIK all they were waiting on is the code change to dim the LEDs that not many people will use anyway. For what I can see it's a worthwhile and stable bug fix that makes the game look and sound better.

CGC can fix your bug now Gatinho, I would ring them up and ask them for the 1.5.5 beta code if I were you.

The beta code didn't fix the things they wanted it to. Nothing to do at all with the color.

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 10:37:05 PM »

Any guesstimate on time frame?

(and how kewl is it that guesstimate is in my 'puter's dictionary, so got spell checked! ;D )