• April 28, 2024, 07:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: How high should I set the tilt plumb bob?  (Read 7232 times)

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
How high should I set the tilt plumb bob?
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:19:39 AM »
For home use.

I don't have a lot of experience with pinball ownership.

Not sure where is "normal" for the tilt plumb bob. With the top level with the brass hole? Centered? Just barely fitting?

Thanks,

Offline jamieflowers

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: How high should I set the tilt plumb bob?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
The higher you set the weight the more sensitive the tilt is set. So you can adjust it to your preferences, if you play in tournaments I would set it higher but for normal home use you can loosen it up a bit.

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
Thanks Jamieflowers... I appreciate your response, but that was kind of my question. I know how to raise and lower the bob, but I don't know where "normal" or "typical" or "average" is. Without knowing what's typical, how do I know what's "higher" than normal, and "looser" than normal.

Is normal mid-bob? I'd like my machine to be set for typical "normal" play. I don't want settings too easy, so my high scores are silly, but I don't want them too hard either.

I know it's all subjective, maybe I'll figure out how to start a poll... see where most people set their bobs.

Thanks!

Offline schonb25

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »
Middle is pretty normal. Competition games make it easier to tilt, but at home, middle of the road is probably the right call.

Enjoy your game!