• April 28, 2024, 07:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Set sound less than 8? Also, software update needed? And other Qs.  (Read 7402 times)

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, my first post about my MMR (Limited, Silver). I don't need to tell y'all how awesome it is, you already know that! But it is pretty awesome, really.

LOVIN' IT!

A few questions so far, for this game we use in a household setting:

1. The speakers are loud. Really loud. The volume setting won't go less that 8 for whatever reason, even though it can go incrementally higher all the way to max, and back down to 8. Is there a way to make it go less than 8?

2. I read all over these forums about a pending software update. My machine has a sticker on the back of the backbox that says April 18, 2016, which I assume is the manufacture date, and the screen notes "Sound v1.0 System v3.70". Do I need a software update?

3. Sometimes (about 32½% of the time) the ball falls off the left wire ramp to the ball's starboard side immediately after it passes over the wizard area. It's not a big deal, since it falls back into play, but I don't imagine this is normal behavior, and it does gyp me of an "I". Looking at the ramp, it seems perfectly parallel wires with no discernible defect. Is this a known issue, and is there a decent fix?

4. Speaking of "I", the manual says if you get F-I-R-E eight times you activate the video game "Save the Children". How is this possible, considering the F and E are drains. You'd have to drain eight balls to do that! Is this right?

5. Rescue the damsel five times in one game? Obviously it must be possible, but... jes sayin'. We don't have many goals met by household members. Is there a way to clear the default high scores and champions? Not reset them to the factory scores, but clear them entirely, so that our household gets to set at least a few of them at our feeble skill-less levels. From what I read in the manual, the answer is no, but thought I'd ask.

6. When I enabled utility setting U9.08 "Install Add-A-Ball" to replace free credit (since it's on free-play anyway), the machine lost free-play and wanted quarters to play. Not a big deal, I was able to re-enable free-play, but that change isn't listed in the U9.08 change list. Just an FYI.

7. The game is awesome. I didn't know if this was a known issue. It should get reported somewhere, because, while the adverts do warn that the game is pretty cool, no where does it specifically say its awesome. I've looked the manual over pretty closely, and it doesn't appear to be just a setting on my machine. It is apparently just inherently awesome. Another FYI.

Offline Gatinho

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Set sound less than 8? Also, software update needed? And other Qs.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3. Sometimes (about 32½% of the time) the ball falls off the left wire ramp to the ball's starboard side immediately after it passes over the wizard area. It's not a big deal, since it falls back into play, but I don't imagine this is normal behavior, and it does gyp me of an "I". Looking at the ramp, it seems perfectly parallel wires with no discernible defect. Is this a known issue, and is there a decent fix?

Yes you can fix that, look at where the wire frame bolts to the inlane and see if it's dropping the ball in the middle of the lane, if not adjust, also the screw at the top of the wireframe in the middle that holds it is that tight? after looking at those just grab the wire frame and gently twist it up the opposite way the ball is falling off this slight change of angle will keep it on track.

Thanks for all that. Everything looks tight. What it ;ooks like to me, having watched it a while now... is that little red pointy thing, which I assume is to prevent the ball from getting to certain areas, pokes up just a hair, and the ball tips it as it rolls over... I debated about ever so slightly sanding the point of that red thing. Ever so slightly.

4. Speaking of "I", the manual says if you get F-I-R-E eight times you activate the video game "Save the Children". How is this possible, considering the F and E are drains. You'd have to drain eight balls to do that! Is this right?

You can change which lane letter is light using the flipper buttons.

Now I understand what the "Change Lanes" on the two flags means, too.  :-[

5. Rescue the damsel five times in one game? Obviously it must be possible, but... jes sayin'. We don't have many goals met by household members. Is there a way to clear the default high scores and champions? Not reset them to the factory scores, but clear them entirely, so that our household gets to set at least a few of them at our feeble skill-less levels. From what I read in the manual, the answer is no, but thought I'd ask.
I think my HS is 9 Damsels, the answer is no, just practice and be less feeble, do you really want to be rewarded for not playing well? perhaps you could just take the glass off and clock up a massive score to put your name up  ;)

I did realize you can lower the back-up default scores, then reset the high scores, and voila! I ended up just lowering the 4th high score down to 3 million so my kids had a goal they could beat. When my 6 year old got 3.5m, he was so jazzed. Now the little ones are in a competition to knock his score off. It's fun.

Thanks for the advice and reply.
 ;D