• April 29, 2024, 10:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: last possible issue? is joust supposed to register when going up the left orbit  (Read 8209 times)

Offline hocuslocus

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
I can get the left and right orbits registering in test mode the gates open when they are supposed to. but in game when you shoot the ball up the left side the ball always seems to stop at the gate and go down and hit the bumpers. of course shooting the right side it goes all the way around and registers. I've been meaning to test this "issue". I know when I tried virtual pinball medieval madness it shoots joust off when shooting the left side. so I'm assuming my gate isn't opening when it's supposed to. 

I'm going to investigate, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue or if it was just isolated to a few people, like the last issue I had.

thank you

Offline stevevt

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
You might already know this, but you need to finish Joust 1, 2, 3 before the gate will open for a full orbit.

To help troubleshoot and clarify, can you confirm that the Joust insert lights are lighting when you hit the left loop shot?

Offline hocuslocus

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
ahhh.. no I was not aware of that. so you can only shoot the right side for joust huh? and then once you complete you can shoot the left all the way around?

if that's the case, I'm issue free! well besides my reflector lights falling out, but that's not a big deal.

thank you

Offline stevevt

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
I'm really sorry, but I think you are correct. You should get a full orbit up until the point where you finish Joust 1-2-3, then it will feed the pop bumpers from either orbit shot.

I was actually thinking of how Attack from Mars works regarding the gates and loops, which is of course the opposite from how MM does.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:39:51 PM by stevevt »

Offline hocuslocus

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
yeah I was getting that feeling when I playing the game yesterday. because I was shooting the right and left and nothing was happening. I'm going to stop by the location tomorrow to investigate more thoroughly. more then likely the I need to bend the metal for the switches to make sure they register. I was going to check the castle gate again anyway. I think my previous problem of hits not registering is not where it needs to be.

yeah now I'm 100% that joust is messed up. I was just playing the vpX version and regardless of which side you go it loops the shot all the way and sounds off joust. on mine half the time it doesn't matter which side you go nothing happens. pinball tables are labor intensive for sure. just yesterday I had a WOZ ripped apart.
I only have three and the stern one is the only one that hasn't caused me any trouble. "knock on wood".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:38:53 PM by hocuslocus »