• April 29, 2024, 09:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Flipper power settings  (Read 11390 times)

Offline frolic

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Flipper power settings
« on: January 05, 2016, 05:49:26 PM »
I was messing around with the flipper power, and when set at MAX the ball definitely flies around the playfield faster. Is there a reason I should NOT do this? Seems like snappier flippers is more enjoyable, but I don't want to wreck anything.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Flipper power settings
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:32:41 PM »
Snappier (if they are too snappy) will break things faster - plastics, targets, balls in the air hitting things, etc.

Offline rbeauch2

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
Would you please tell me where the flipper config menu is? I can't find it.

Thanks
Bob

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
Hello Bob

The diagnostic buttons near the right coin chute. The left one - ESCAPE - hold it for 5 seconds or so and you'll get into the CGC menu. Keep hitting ESCAPE to scroll through the different pages.

LTG : )

Offline PWhiz

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »
Is it indicative of a potential problem if a high power setting is needed to keep things playable?  Right now I have mine at +2.  Seems OK for the most part, but I tend to get used to things.  Had a friend over who noted that they felt kind of weak.  I've also had issues with my catapult strength which is currently at Max and despite all my tweaking efforts to wireform, etc. will not successfully eject two balls, and is about 90% successful with one in making it smoothly around the loop.  I'm pretty sure I have the table angle set properly, but maybe it's too steep?  Doesn't seem it according to the bubble and compared to my Star Trek right next to it.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »
I've upped my flipper power to +2.  Actually, during a family party with several hours of play, I upped them to +4 and they still seemed a bit weak.

Offline ScottM

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
When my flippers got weak, I got them back to standard by cleaning the sleeves and shafts. The left flipper was particularly dirty.  I didn't check the number of games, but I received the machine in September.
Something to consider.

Offline Amigas

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
I have had issues with the power settings seems to me if it is set to +2 seems great for the first 10 mins of a game BUT then they seem to loose their power or are weaker when the coins heat up does anybody have similar problem   

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
Please check in switch edge test that your EOS switches close when the flipper goes up.

LTG : )