• May 04, 2024, 05:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Left Troll Hitting Wireform  (Read 9131 times)

Offline ScottM

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Left Troll Hitting Wireform
« on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:03 AM »
Hi Lloyd,
The front edge of the left troll cover hits the wireform above. Is there an adjustment I can perform to minimize this?
Also, I went into tests to manually activate the troll solenoids but could not activate them. In fact, I got a left up switch error code. I lifted the play field to manually activate the left troll up switch and it worked fine. Not sure what to make of this.

Thanks!

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Left Troll Hitting Wireform
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 12:49:54 PM »
In tests did you have the high power interlock switch pulled out so you had high power to coils ?

On the original the left troll often hits the wireform above it. You can gently bend the wireform up a bit.

LTG : )

Offline ScottM

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
I did not think about the high power interlock - mystery solved.  I thought of bending the wireform but want to be careful as I don't want to create a "hump".  Will evaluate further.

Thanks!

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »
Rick,
I encourage you to please speak with Stern and ask them to make any required adjustments necessary to ensure the left troll is not striking the wire form... They should be able to easily correct this issue rather than have customers bending anything which may adversely impact gameplay.

Thanks very much and your responsiveness on this forum is greatly appreciated, as we all patiently await arrival of this fantastic pin.
Cam

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
The troll will hit the bottom of the wireform. Same on the Williams one. You can lessen but not eliminate it.

LTG : )