• April 27, 2024, 01:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Issues with the left "Peasant" Ramp lift  (Read 9547 times)

Offline wolfman1138

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Issues with the left "Peasant" Ramp lift
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have an issue with the Ramp edge of the left Peasant ramp.  The metal flap if lifting on the left edgeand causing the ball to bounce up and subsequently is denting the playfield.  It is frustrating because it blocks the ramp on the left side and slows the right side shots enough that we often don't make the ramp.

I have included a picture I took with the glass still on.  Not the best, but you can easily see the left edge lifting.

I will admit that I am a pinball machine noob, and MMR is my first machine.  So be gentle. :)

I tried loosening the ramp and gently re-bending the ramp flap, but it seems to just return to the normal position.  I also tried a piece of double sided tape (10lb stuff from 3M) back from the edge.  This held it down flush for a few days, but did not keep it in place.

If you have any advice on how to fix this, I'd be most grateful!

Thanks in advance. 

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with the left "Peasant" Ramp lift
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:12:36 PM »
Rick,
STLE is among the fastest pins ever produced which results in mega air balls every game and yet my playfield has no dents or damage resulting from them... Why are air balls here (obviously caused by a lifted ramp protector defect) causing playfield damage? 
Thx
Cam

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
no idea ... same wood, same clearcoat. Last time I checked metal hitting wood there are always dents, this has been addressed often on pinside, and there are no playfields without dimples.

Offline 1PinballKnight

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:16:36 PM »
Hello fellow pinballers,

is it possible the ramp is defective in a way that the bottom edges of the ramp are warped thus the ramp flap sits cocked or higher on one side or that the flap isn't riveted completely flat? I heard of a ramp having been defective before or something of the sort that may or may not be related to this problem. Is it possible to shim the lower side of the flap so when the flap is tightened down both sides end up being level without stripping the screws holding the flap? The playfield is perfectly flat correct? I couldn't imagine that being the problem period no way in hell. I've seen plastics and lexan wanting to bend and warp with changes in ambient room temperatures on arcade game control panels that I constructed  and protected them with lexan so it wouldn't ruin the graphics that were applied underneath. I still suspect a rare flaw with the ramp as long as the ramp isn't being torqued anywhere else on its form causing this issue.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:15:13 PM »
I'd loosen the ramp so you can lift the flap end of it, then gently bend the flap. tighten the ramp back down.

LTG : )

Offline wolfman1138

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
I took everything apart and have tried to rebend the ramp.  It seems to sit flush for now, so we will see how it goes.  It took several tries to get it flat.