• April 26, 2024, 05:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Cab Art  (Read 27290 times)

Offline zoggynog

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Dungeons and Dragons Cab Art
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:04:34 AM »
Instead of me saying how much I would love to see this available...let me pose some questions.

Is there any way we D&D pin owners can crowd fund reproduction cab art into existence?  What if we were to pay for the vector work and turn it over to you?  Helped work with WotC to clear copyright issues?  I know there are several folks who would rally together to replace their now faded/chipped artwork.  Especially considering the art appeal of the cab.

I guess I'm just wondering if there is anything us D&D pin lovers can do to get the dice rolling?

Can't blame a guy for trying.  Let me know if you would be open to something like this!

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Cab Art
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »
Good news is that we have the original artwork films (to be verified that ALL the films are there), which would make it reasonably affordable to do this. There would be a cost to doing this as this would not be generally in our list of games to make cabinet decals for, but if we verify that we have the films and they are in good shape, then the cost and time go way down.

rick

Offline zoggynog

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
Sent you a PM Rick.  Thanks for the quick response.  This is beyond great news.  ;D

Offline Tallon

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:39:54 PM »
Well, I would like to second a call for cabinet decals. This would be a win for the pinball community. D&D is one of the last actual Bally games. Any chance to bring some of these bad boys back to life after 30 years of cabinet fade and UV damage would be great.

Offline Nerbflong

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 09:54:12 PM »
I'd love to see new cabinet art to purchase for my D&D!! Topper, too!!

Offline clnilsen

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
I would love to get a set or two of these as well! Let's make this happen!

Offline xeneize

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »
I would be in for a set of these decals - assuming that the topper art is also included!  :)

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
Can someone get us dimensions (side, front, backbox side) ... just want to make sure we have the right dimensions on the films, etc. ? Also, the door hole in the front would be great as well.

lmk,
rick

Offline Tallon

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »
Well......(deep inhale like Ace Ventura)

The backbox has the following dimensions keeping in mind it's wider at the top then the bottom.

22" tall x 10" top - 7 5/8" bottom also point in out this would be image size on the cab and the minimum image size for print.

Cabinet dimensions would/should come out to 25" tall x 49 3/4" long taking into account the banana cabinet (lots of waste here)

Front is 15 7/8" tall x 22" wide. The opening is 9 15/16" tall x 12 3/8" wide

TOPPER 13" tall x 9 3/8" at the widest point near the top (lots of waste on this one too).

My cabinet is pretty much sitting empty right now waiting for me to quit being lazy. Any more dimensions or anything you need to get this thing move, let me know.

Scott

Offline zoggynog

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 12:10:51 AM »
Nice Scott...Thanks!  8)

Offline dubby

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »
I would be in for a full cab art reproduction, as well. Mine was in pretty rough shape when I bought it and the art is actually peeling off.

Offline Tallon

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
I have 2 more people who need cab art I'm trying to get to post here. One a machine I sold a while back and one a machine with no art.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
Thanks for the dimensions ... that will help to insure that we have correct sizing as sizing sometimes is hard to deduce from the films ...

rick

Offline baileyfidler21

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
I am in for this as well.  I might not need a whole set, but definitely the front.  On second thought, maybe a whole set.  Keep us posted!

Offline Ayap1001

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »
I as well would be all four getting a set of cabinet art.  I rescued my machine from the basement of some extended family and while, well loved would be a kind way to put it, scratch and dented is more closer to the truth.  I'm working the small issues with playfield plastics and worn bumpers now, but I would be over joyed to get the cabinet itself looking as well as the rest of the game.  I know there's a lot of folks that find this game to be a moderately pin at best, but I think the artwork is par-none.  Fantastic game and wonderful theme.  If a production line of cabinet art gets made sign me up.  Wallet is open!