• April 28, 2024, 12:53:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR Sound Issue  (Read 20140 times)

Offline sandersj

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
MMR Sound Issue
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »
My MMR is in and I'm LOVING it.  Its been on for 3 days straight as a burn in and I've started noticing noise/popping sounds in the audio.  There are deterministic and repeatable and to be honest, pretty annoying.  This machine is destined for a location so its not a show stopper but I thought I'd check for a cause/solution before I popped the hood and started poking around.

Any suggestions?  Has anyone else seen this?   

Thanks,

Jeff S.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR Sound Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »
I would start with reseating any audio connectors. Power and signal.

Thank you.
LTG : )

Offline sandersj

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
I re-seated the speaker connector on the lower right of the controller board in the back box and that seemed to fix it.

Offline bob

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 02:08:56 AM »
We had this issue during the first two days (the past Monday and Tuesday) but it disappeared on Wednesday. In our case, I guess the speakers just needed to be broken-in.

Offline LP30

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »
I'm having a lot of audio popping now as well.  I guess I'll be going through the connections again.

Offline Nilroc

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »
Apparently this problem was rectified by adding a couple of clip-on ferrite core filters.
[/size]I hope Rick looks into this problem and corrects the problem before the next batch ships.[/color]
[/size]Rick or Lloyd please respond.[/color]

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »
we relay and look into all problems that are reported ... I don't respond every time to confirm that we are looking into everything, which we are.

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 12:19:20 AM »
Rick
I would very much welcome just one update please where some constructive action has been taken to improve the game in response to the issues and complaints aired on this forum.  Another recent notable issue appears to be a much needed software fix to allow reduced catapult strength...
Much appreciated!
Thx
Cam
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:35:54 AM by Cam »

Offline rand

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 01:33:31 AM »
Well this time Mine worked well for a couple of weeks and now I have this same problem as others state here in this link ..The only difference from a few weeks ago is that we are now leaving the machine on for longer durations ..The day in question was about 8 hours ...Played a few hours in the early afternoon then Came back in the evening and Powered through about 1 1/2 hours of full on usage and not only did I notice the degrading Output audio but so did the guests ...[ House Temp Average that day 68 deg.]
I'll give it another marathon , But I think either the audio Board or amplification module Over heats after being on for awhile then the Electronics get Hot and well ....Another MMR remake dilemma ...
But I will give it another go and see what the Electrical engineers at work have to say ,before I believe any "Quick Fix" remedies here ..
Could be Weak soldering or just Poor choice of components..[ this is a suggestion From a Conversation this afternoon with 1 of our Electrical Engineers ] ..

I will prevail to get to the Bottom of this but am Looking to see if others have this same audio degradation after the unit is on for more than a couple hours

Offline Phantom1911

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will prevail to get to the Bottom of this but am Looking to see if others have this same audio degradation after the unit is on for more than a couple hours

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Sound is fine when I first turn it on, several hours later the sound degrades.

Offline LP30

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Sound is fine when I first turn it on, several hours later the sound degrades.

Definitely related to the machine being on several hours.  I've never heard it after only a couple of games.  After being on 6 hours each of the last 3 days, it gets pretty bad. Has there been any progress on a solution?

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »
Has anyone experiencing this audio noise after a while tried to install a ferrite noise suppressor? Some people with noise issue said they had good results with this on Pinside but not certain it was a case of many hours of operation or not.

Would be just interesting to see if it patches the problem for folks here. If it's a generalized problem waiting for a fix, it's always good to have a patch in the meanwhile.

Offline rand

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
Had my electrical guy have a look at this situation ..
We left it on from morning until I came back from works 9.5 Hours ..Did not play it just left it on .
once started you could hear sound degrading ,Had him look at all connections looked at the speakers , Even cross swapped another 8 ohm 5.25 had kicking around still no difference ..
His conclusion is that the components seem to have a over heating problem ...This is what he said not me... he is an electrical engineer ..
This amp board or sound system may have a sub par component in the works that is causing this problem but the Ferrite Magnet fix claim ...he doubts ..
If the quality of components match the Country build of speaker ...Who knows what we actually bought ..

Wow .....This guy is 1 of our top engineers and he gave me a wake up call ..We will soon see if  "There is a software fix" ...coming soon ...
He Doubts ...Its a component and the system was never tested for the longevity of being on over the coarse of a day or weeks ..His conclusion ..

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
What was explained to me is that there is some Linux variable that after 12 hours gets into a bad state that caused the static/crackling - it is fixed - sounds like a software issue.

Offline rand

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Right On.....!!!!!
When do we get the software Update and will there Be instructions ...
Great Machine and if we get the sound Fixed it will be Just a Freakin awesome Great machine ..