Service Bulletin: SB 104
DATE: April 2, 1998
GAME: Cirqus Voltaire
SUBJECT: Cirqus Voltaire Adjustment Sheet
The following (5) items should be checked on your "Cirqus Voltaire" game. These adjustments or "tweaks" may need to be performed at some time to ensure highest playability and longtime earnings.
ALWAYS TURN OFF AND UNPLUG THE GAME BEFORE SERVICING
The adjustments are:
1) Possible Ball Hang-up on Plastic in front of Display
2) Fasten Down Display Plastic With #8 Wood Screw
3) Ball May Stick Under Upper Plastics Below Display
4) Ball Falls Off Left Wire Ramp (near switch & clear plastic)
5) Change Pivot on Three Center Switch Blades
(1-3) POSSIBLE BALL TRAP NEAR DISPLAY PANEL
On some games, the ball may become trapped on the upper plastic (1). Remove this plastic and the #8 screw holding down the ball guide. Replace it with a post (not included - p/n 03-8365-8) and a wood screw (not included - p/n 4108-01115-26). Replace plastic and tighten. Also, the ball may lodge UNDER the left and right corners of the upper plastic. Be sure that the ground lugs are positioned UP (2).
Secure Display Plastic with #8 Wood Screw.
4) BALL MAY FLY OFF LEFT WIRE RAMP (NEAR THE SWITCH AND CLEAR PLASTIC)
Check to be sure that the switch properly actuates allowing the ball to roll by. Also, be sure that the wire form bottom rails are even and that the ball glides past the clear plastic without touching it. You can bend (2) or loosen the wire form and push it out slightly if needed. See diagram below.
5) STIFF OR HARD-TO-ACTUATE LOCK SWITCHES ON CENTER WIRE (A-21851)
We recommend that you further adjust the switch tension on the three center LOCK switches (p/n 5647-12693-66). Move the switchblades over to the other pivot position. Gently use a sharp knife-edge to "pop" off the blade, and then snap it back down in the new position. See diagram below.