Medieval Madness Remake (MMR) > MMR Support [MMR Members Only]

Check your flipper coil screws and bolts for security

(1/3) > >>

glasairpilot:
Played my new MMr about 30 games this weekend when all of the sudden the left flipper lost the ability to hit the ball with any force.  Popped up the playfield and found the coil stop bracket fell off due to the allen bolts falling completely out.  Put the assembly back together and checked the other flipper assembly and found them loose also.  Tightened everything up and it works fine now.  Other than that the only other adjustments I have made are:

1.  Bent the catapult switch arm up a bit to ensure it fires when a ball is present.  Before bending it up it would not fire about 25% of the time.
2.  Turned the flipper strength up to +2 to make better ramp shots.  I really like this feature.  My home voltage is pretty constant at 119V, but liked a little extra power.

Also replaced the cheap single cone speakers with pioneer 2-way and a Polk powered subwoofer.  The speakers make the speech MUCH more clear and the powered subwoofer really makes a difference as well.  I would encourage CGC to include the ability to adjust call out volume separate from the music volume like Stern does.  Many of the callouts could barely be heard before the speaker swap and even with the speaker swap are still not ideal.

Other than that, this is a well built machine.  I enjoy it.   

swagger:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginPlayed my new MMr about 30 games this weekend when all of the sudden the left flipper lost the ability to hit the ball with any force.  Popped up the playfield and found the coil stop bracket fell off due to the allen bolts falling completely out.  Put the assembly back together and checked the other flipper assembly and found them loose also.  Tightened everything up and it works fine now.  Other than that the only other adjustments I have made are:

1.  Bent the catapult switch arm up a bit to ensure it fires when a ball is present.  Before bending it up it would not fire about 25% of the time.
2.  Turned the flipper strength up to +2 to make better ramp shots.  I really like this feature.  My home voltage is pretty constant at 119V, but liked a little extra power.

Also replaced the cheap single cone speakers with pioneer 2-way and a Polk powered subwoofer.  The speakers make the speech MUCH more clear and the powered subwoofer really makes a difference as well.  I would encourage CGC to include the ability to adjust call out volume separate from the music volume like Stern does.  Many of the callouts could barely be heard before the speaker swap and even with the speaker swap are still not ideal.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for those tips, my Cat seems to not detect the ball every now and then, will be adjusting the switch and will also check my coil stop brackets.

Quadrat:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginPlayed my new MMr about 30 games this weekend when all of the sudden the left flipper lost the ability to hit the ball with any force.  Popped up the playfield and found the coil stop bracket fell off due to the allen bolts falling completely out.  Put the assembly back together and checked the other flipper assembly and found them loose also.  Tightened everything up and it works fine now.  Other than that the only other adjustments I have made are:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info, good to know

glasairpilot:
You can get a tiny bit of adjustment when you tighten the switch in the bracket by keeping upward pressure on the switch while tightening.

When you do bend the arm up use two pair of needle nose pliers so you can make a nice bend at the hole itself as you do not want to bend it up before the hole and have the switch arm hit the bottom of the playfield. 

Fixed the problem 100%.

Gatinho:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Also replaced the cheap single cone speakers with pioneer 2-way and a Polk powered subwoofer.

--- End quote ---

Did you wire them in series?

And if so, don't you think you'd loose some stereo-phonics?

How did you wire in the sub-woofer?

Can you provide a link to the speakers you bought?

I'm considering a speaker upgrade as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version