• April 18, 2024, 05:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Catapult power settings  (Read 11939 times)

Offline Bmore

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Catapult power settings
« on: March 11, 2016, 02:33:57 PM »
Hi

It seems that unlike with the flippers you can not reduce the catapult power below default. It would be great if that was included in future SW releases as an option (not the next SW update though, that's way way overdue as is)

Sometimes the ball comes out very fast and hits the red flasher dome, adjusting the wire form left/right will not help with this

Thanks,
-K

Offline Rudyhead

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catapult power settings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Are you level?  I was having the same issue until I got the game to 6.5 degrees incline.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:53 AM »
What do you use to calculate pitch?  I downloaded an app to my phone, but it was very inaccurate.

Offline Rudyhead

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:26 AM »
The iphone level will get you close enough, but something like this is what you want if you have the extra cash    HAMMERHEAD_HLLT10_10-Inch Digital Level with Laser You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rudyhead

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:37 AM »
Another thing to try in conjunction with getting the proper level/incline is to losen the bolt at the top right of the catapult ramp and move it over so the bolt is in the middle of the tab which connects the ramp to the mounting post. You can obviously push it further if necessary.

Offline dendoh

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:43:24 AM »
You use a six inch bubble level and an inclineometer. Both available at Home Depot.

Offline Bmore

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The iphone level will get you close enough, but something like this is what you want if you have the extra cash    HAMMERHEAD_HLLT10_10-Inch Digital Level with Laser You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yeah, I've got one of these and I'm at around 6.7 degree pitch. Moving the wireform left/right will not help, and hitting the flasher dome is not every time but just occasionally
Rather than trying to bend the wireform, it would be great to be able to play with the strength since the SW can support that (just not go below default right now)

Offline Rudyhead

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »
That is really strange. Maybe you could video it and try to see what is happening when it goes off course and hitting the flasher?  The only other thing I can think of is that the catapult launcher arm itself is a a little off or loose?

Offline Vongoosewink

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 07:14:10 AM »
I have the same problem - the catapult default is the lowest setting, and on my machine it bashes the flasher light 2/3 times. :o

I've tried adjusting the pitch of the table and the ramp attachment at the top, nothing helps.  I worried, it is beating the flasher to hell and it is frustrating to play.   :(

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
Have you tried loosening the nut and moving the wireform tiny bits at a time until you hit the sweet spot where it doesn't effect the flasher ?

All the way to the right should be way far away from the flasher.

LTG : )