• April 25, 2024, 06:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Light strip above back panel lightning help needed  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Light strip above back panel lightning help needed
« on: March 14, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
Anyone tie in a 12v lightstrip above the back panel? I'm wondering how a blacklight led strip would look lighting up the Lightning when the flashers flash but not sure where to tie into  I'd like for it to trigger with the back panel flasher but it is a board not a bulb and socket. Some of my concerns are: how will the board react to having another string of lads come after it? Will the main board sense an issue at the flasher board with more of a load on it?

Offline john17a

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Light strip above back panel lightning help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
Hi   try using  6v led strip and wire  ( solder )  it directly into any gi bulb     there is a bloke  here in oz on ebay that sells 6v stips     try the purple    also alibaba has them     alot easier to work with than the 12v

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Light strip above back panel lightning help needed
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:57:42 AM »
Actually the 12V version worked perfectly I tied into a flasher so that the blue light strip flashed when the lighting effect is supposed to be triggered. Check it out  :)  8)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login