Medieval Madness Remake (MMR) > MMR Support [MMR Members Only]

Castle Gate not registering ball hits

(1/3) > >>

hocuslocus:
I saw Marspinball posted this like four months ago. I've noticed that the gate hits don't register about 40% of the time depending on ball speed. I checked the connections and switch edge test and it registers it fine 100% of the time. but in game the ball has to hit the gate a lot slower for it to get a hit. do you have any idea how Marspinball resolved this?

since it's an ir beam there isn't anything to bend. only connections and maybe dirt covering the transmitter but everything looks fine. this has actually been an issue for as long as I can remember.
also if the gate is open and you shoot the lock is the castle supposed to explode, I would assume so right?

thank you,
greg

Lloyd Olson:
Do you have the game sloped to at least 6 1/2 degrees - to slow the ball down a little up there ?

LTG : )

Pablito:
The castle exploding on the lock ball shot when the gate is already open happens on mine too. But not all the time. I've noticed that a lock ball shot blows up the castle on the shot made immediately after the castle gate opens. If I make some other shot after the gate opens and then hit the lock ball shot, it only registers a locked ball. I'm not sure if that is by design or if I'm just selectively noticing that, but i have been surprised at times when the castle explodes on the lock ball shot and I think I've narrowed it down to that immediate shot after the gate opens up.

hocuslocus:
I took a picture of the bubble according to the manual it's at 6 1/2 degrees. like I said I just assumed that this was the way it was supposed to play until I saw video of another. and 100% of the ball hits were registering.  the castle drawbridge registers every time no matter how fast the ball is going. the gate itself has all the issues. do you think replacing the sensor would help? could it be software related?
If I do a switch edge test it works 100% of the time.

Viper001:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI took a picture of the bubble according to the manual it's at 6 1/2 degrees. like I said I just assumed that this was the way it was supposed to play until I saw video of another. and 100% of the ball hits were registering.  the castle drawbridge registers every time no matter how fast the ball is going. the gate itself has all the issues. do you think replacing the sensor would help? could it be software related?
If I do a switch edge test it works 100% of the time.

--- End quote ---
I have an original game that had the exact same problem, and since the playfield mechanics are the same what I found may help your situation. For either the opto sender or receiver (I can't remember which side it was now) one of the two is very close to a stainless steel piece. What I found is that the solder tabs where the wire is attached was able to occasionally touch the stainless and short out. It wasn't an all the time short so in test mode things still seemed solid, but with the game rocking and rolling it was missing a lot of hits. Once I dealt with that electrical issue my castle was registering hits as it should whether the gate was up or down. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version