• May 11, 2024, 06:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR insert text is thin and transparent  (Read 75614 times)

Offline jonny_eh

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR insert text is thin and transparent
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
How does one get these diffusers? I'm 99% certain I need them for my MMR #701.

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
I believe you can submit a ticket although the parts are supposed to be available through dealerships moving forward.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
We have the diffusers on order ... waiting.

Offline bagajellydonuts

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have the diffusers on order ... waiting.

Looking for clarification, is there a specific run that is eligible for this part or is it available by request regardless of build sequence or trim option?

Offline Keith

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2016, 11:16:44 AM »
Diffusers installed and the game inserts are perfect.  In my opinion, the inserts are now clearer than on my original MM.
Thank you to PPS for your commitment to resolving this issue.

Offline brucipher

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »
I am on the edge of purchasing a MMR-LE from someone who wants out (that hasn't gotten their machine yet).  Does anyone know if the thin black ink is still present on the machines currently in production, and if so, are the diffusers being installed in the factory?

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
Just got some MMR diffusers in and are now on the store ...

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
So....CGC sends out who knows how many playfields with bad ink, comes up with a half-assed fix....then expects people to pay for it!?!?!?!?!  WTF.

Setting a bad precedence for service.  I'm probably out of future games from them. 

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
Well, that's not exactly what is happening.

a) if you feel that your game has an issue then you work with CGC (submit a ticket, call them, email them) and if they agree then they will work something out with you under warranty.

b) PPS has put diffusers for sale for anyone that wants them - some do, many do not, independent of a) above.

So we are just making an MMR part available which is what we do as the master parts distributor.

rick

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »
I can see the benefit of installing the diffuser regardless of the ink issue. It disperses light better in the inserts and has a more "original" look in comparison to the led hotspot that occurs without one. It doesn't necessarily change the tone of the insert or the ink but makes them more legible for sure and has more of a incandescent feel while maintaining enough brightness from the led. If you feel that your machine needs the diffuser as a warranty claim just call your distro. If not but you want one anyway or would like a replacement down the line at least they are being made available through PPS.  :)

Offline Viper001

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
I can see the benefit of installing the diffuser regardless of the ink issue. It disperses light better in the inserts and has a more "original" look in comparison to the led hotspot that occurs without one. It doesn't necessarily change the tone of the insert or the ink but makes them more legible for sure and has more of a incandescent feel while maintaining enough brightness from the led.  :)
Isn't there supposed to be a setting in the software to change the insert lights to be dimmer and simulate the appearance of incandescent bulbs? And wasn't it hyped that there are 3 individual LED per insert, and if one goes out the other 2 will brighten and compensate? With all of that hardware and apparent control over things why is this thing needed at all, why not just give folks a brightness control in software? They are providing infinite variability on each individual coil power in the game, this would seem to be easy to do.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »
I can see the benefit of installing the diffuser regardless of the ink issue. It disperses light better in the inserts and has a more "original" look in comparison to the led hotspot that occurs without one. It doesn't necessarily change the tone of the insert or the ink but makes them more legible for sure and has more of a incandescent feel while maintaining enough brightness from the led. If you feel that your machine needs the diffuser as a warranty claim just call your distro. If not but you want one anyway or would like a replacement down the line at least they are being made available through PPS.  :)

Maybe they need to rethink this new LED system then?  I put LED's in my other games from the '90's and have no readability issues at all.

Offline glasairpilot

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
I have no problem paying $30 for a diffuser if necessary.  I am more concerned about the lack of production of the machine itself.  Little problems like diffusers can be dealt with later since they have no real impact on game play or reliability.  Not having the machine is a real bummer.

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »
There will supposedly be a setting to change the brightness of the LEDS, of course it was also stated that all new games would get the diffusers so....

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »
Here is what I have from CGC:

- CGC put these on a few games, but after that no longer does - as some people do not want them. Diffusers are not installed on any new games nor will they.
- If you have an issue that you feel is warranty then you go directly to CGC to deal with it, certainly can enlist your reseller for help.
- Otherwise PPS has diffuser kits for sale, or you can try to get your reseller to provide them to you

Rick