• April 18, 2024, 12:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Left flipper slow to return to rest position?  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Tetsujin

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Left flipper slow to return to rest position?
« on: January 13, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
I just noticed that my left flipper is not cleanly dropping back down into its rest position the way the right flipper does. Doesn't seem to affect flipper strength at all (I can still make all shots easily) but there's a slight slowness, like it's maybe rubbing something underneath the flipper? 

I'm not at all a noob to the game but definitely a noob to the intricacies of pin ownership, so if anyone has a handy/quick solution, I'd be appreciative.

--Chris
MMR-0323
--Chris
MMR-0323

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Left flipper slow to return to rest position?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
Please check if the coil stop is on tight. That the plunger assembly moves freely. Nothing rubbing on the spring and that it has plenty of tension.

LTG : )

Offline Bobsolete

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
I had the same problem with my machine. I found out the flipper bat was not adjusted correctly at the factory. There was to much vertical slop. You may need to set the gap between the flipper Bat and the top of the flipper Bushing. A gap gauge is supplied with the machine.

Offline Tetsujin

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I will hopefully get a chance to check these things out this weekend and report back. Haven't looked at the manual yet to confirm, but I'm guessing the gap gauge is the little thin, notched piece of plastic that was in the coin box? Or is it somewhere else?

Like I said: noob. A very happy noob, but a noob nonetheless. ;D
--Chris
MMR-0323

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »
You can pull the flipper up and down ( not back and forth ) to see if you have a tiny bit of play. If not, yes the thin plastic notched thing is your gap gauge.

Thank you,
LTG : )