• April 27, 2024, 03:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Just got my game Black #812  (Read 8469 times)

Offline srmonte

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Just got my game Black #812
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
Just got it! And I must say I am extremely pleased with it. I was worried about the inserts, but I think they are perfect and look fantastic. I want to thank Rick and CCG the game is awesome. I will post some pics of the inserts soon. I have been a collector for over 15 years and know what playfields are supposed to look like and this one is amazing. I am not discounting anyone's claims but for those still waiting for games you will be very pleased.

Offline srmonte

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Just got my game Black #812
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »
I have been snapping a ton of insert photos. Funny thing is they all look washed out and make the ink look thin, but in person they are not. I can clearly read all inserts when lit. I am starting to think some of this insert debacle is unwarranted. Like I said I have been a collector for 15 years and know what playfields should look like. I have done 7 full restoration with full playfield swaps and purchased 6 NIB sterns. CGC has made all of the playfields since the 70's. I am not saying peoples games are not defective, I am just saying that the insert ordeal may have been overblown. I called CGC to cancel my game last week due to the photos that were coming up for May-16 production games, but they said it shipped the day before. I am so glad I did not cancel. My games was manufactured May 4 2016. my photos look just like those that are unhappy with their playfields. I love mine and it looks amazing.

Offline schonb25

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:56:37 PM »
Welcome to the MMR club! Glad you're enjoying it! It's an incredible game.

Marc

Offline Bitbaron

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:05:45 PM »

Glad to hear you are happy with yours. Maybe you got a different set of inserts? What # is your game?

Also you said "I called CGC to cancel my game last week due to the photos that were coming up for May-16 production games, but they said it shipped the day before". Can you post a pointer to these pics? When you say "May-16 production games", are these due to ship on the 16th (today being the 12th)? Just curious by what that date signifies.

I'm still waiting for mine and hoping they "ran out" of the crappy inserts and started putting in better ones.

Thanks,

BB

Offline Bitbaron

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:15:25 PM »
Sorry, long day at work. When I was asking about "what number" I meant what playfield number. :)

Thanks,

BB

Offline brucipher

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:11:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have been snapping a ton of insert photos. Funny thing is they all look washed out and make the ink look thin, but in person they are not. I can clearly read all inserts when lit. I am starting to think some of this insert debacle is unwarranted. Like I said I have been a collector for 15 years and know what playfields should look like. I have done 7 full restoration with full playfield swaps and purchased 6 NIB sterns. CGC has made all of the playfields since the 70's. I am not saying peoples games are not defective, I am just saying that the insert ordeal may have been overblown. I called CGC to cancel my game last week due to the photos that were coming up for May-16 production games, but they said it shipped the day before. I am so glad I did not cancel. My games was manufactured May 4 2016. my photos look just like those that are unhappy with their playfields. I love mine and it looks amazing.

Or maybe you just got a better playfield, because can not read the white castle inserts when lit on mine.