• March 28, 2024, 08:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Slingshot Damage  (Read 46799 times)

Offline rand

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Slingshot Damage
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »
Wow just check it out on mine as well ,slight on both sides ...is the a way of tuning this kick out down in strength /Force ...???
As I do fined it quite Fast and fierce .

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No I would expect them to replace the quarterpanel unfortunately you can not replace just part of the playfield that is damaged. "There is no way a company can do what you ask." My Stern Star trek LE had a defect on it not even as bad as this and that is actually what STERN did sent me out a populated playfield to swap out. "CAn we get back to reality" It's time for you to get back to reality because this is what pinball companys do when their is a defect in the playfields they sell. Stern makes extra playfields just in case of mistakes like this. The game is under warranty from manufacture defects and if this is not a manufacture defect I do not know what is. Also I have a hard time believing you even own a MMRLE. But if you do and your ok with the defect then good for you but I am not. Like I said tho I am sure PPS will do that right thing here.

I also own a Star Trek LE and Stern stepped up to the plate very recently and sent me (via courier) a ball trough assembly harness to address a problem I was experiencing free of charge including free shipping even though my machine was a bit past warranty - kudos to Stern!  I am hopeful and believe that PPS will provide a comparable level of service...

Thx
Cam
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:52:03 PM by Cam »

Offline Hooked

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 07:12:40 PM »
Dang it man...me too.  I will just let my game idle till they tell us what to do.
Do they want us to send pictures or open a case or just wait till after the meeting this week?
Hookedonpinball.com

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
Just talked with CGC, they are working on a small update Kit to address the kicker issue for those who have it. The issue is a combination of very small variances on some games (hole position, bracket, etc) and so a fix 'kit' will be sent to everyone with the issue. As for any damage, CGC is looking into how to address that, and there is a combination of case by case (submit a helpdesk ticket), as well as anything in terms of repair kits possible for any existing damage, so all of this is known and being worked with.

rick

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »
Glad we'll soon have a fix. Thanks.  :)

In the meanwhile, do you have any suggestions for a temporary patch to avoid any further playfield damage so we can safely continue playing the game before applying a permanent fix? For example, would a strategically placed adhesive felt be advised?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »
I would touch up the clear coat with super glue. Foam rubber or felt in the hole in front of the kicker will help prevent further damage.

LTG : )

Offline Flake

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »
I would touch up the clear coat with super glue. Foam rubber or felt in the hole in front of the kicker will help prevent further damage.

just fill in the missing chunk with the superglue?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 08:27:20 PM »
Yes.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
As Lloyd if you have any minor hitting on the wood then some felt or foam either on the kicker arm or on the wood should do the trick.

rick

Offline Dr-hex

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »
For those of us where it has chipped out the black line, do we paint it back in? And how?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
Please wait on that until we find out CGC's plan.

Thank you,

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »
Yes, please wait and we will try to provide as much info to do any in-home fixing, as well as kit information so we can get the best info to anyone impacted.

thanks,
rick

Offline calvin12

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »
Rick that's great that it's an easy fix going forward, but what about the rest of us that already have damaged playfields?

A populated playfeild is the only thing that is going to make this right. I have faith the right thing will be done.

Ha, you're funny, now in reality they'll do what WMS would have done, service bulletin that says move the part back. Games wear when played.

Offline madpin123

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 05:05:17 AM »
It is not normal wear and tear it is a manufacture defect. Which is why we have a warranty. Some of the games have the damage right out of the box. Like I said before if some people are ok with it good for them I am not. Still waiting on the official answer.   

Offline Fuse

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
No response from cgc in 16 days