• April 25, 2024, 05:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Problem with Launch Ball button -> new balls are also auto-launched!  (Read 8305 times)

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Hi,

after a couple of good games last night, the "Launch Ball" button became somewhat useless.
Each new ball is automatically being launched. Cannot have a break anymore between balls! It's almost if the machine was thinking the ball was instantly in play.

This happened maybe an hour or two after I installed coin mechs. They work well. The right coin mech one (or left from inside machine) might be squeezing some wires in the back a bit, but I doubt it's enough to cause anything.

However, when going in test mode, there's a new error: "Check switch F6 U.R. Flipper But.". That's a strange since Medieval Madness certainly doesn't have a Upper Right flipper button and that according to the manual, switch R6 is Not Used.

Of mention too, I have another error that has been there since the start: "Check R. Troll Up Switch Bad". It has always been there and both trolls are behaving correctly. I seriously doubt it's related.

So, anyone has any idea on why a can't anymore manually launch a new ball because the machine auto-launches it?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Some things to check and do. I would remove the coin mechs and see if anything improves.
 You do have a F6 UR, if you got to Tests - Switch edge - push the flipper button in slowly, you should get first Right Flipper Button and then F6 UR ( used for lane changes ) Could be the opto interrupter isn't opening F6 enough to register.
 Then same Tests - switch edges - see if the launch button switch is stuck closed, or working right, and then roll a ball down the shooter lane to rest on the launcher and see if the shooter lane switch is working. Not sticking in the playfield or getting hit by the launcher.
 Be sure there are only 4 balls in the game too.

Troll up switch, that is the troll face switch that should register when a ball hits it. Please check below the playfield on that troll assembly, you'll see two harnesses, one for the troll face and one for the switch that lets the game know if the troll is up or down. Follow the wiring to the big board where they plug onto and be sure they are in tight.
 Please let me know if this clears up your issues.
LTG : )