• March 28, 2024, 09:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Catapult launch is to strong  (Read 10835 times)

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Catapult launch is to strong
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:22:37 AM »
I have catapult launch set at default which appears to be the minimum power . When my catapult fires  the ball goes quickly up the ramp . then hits  the red attract light right at then end of the metal catapult ramp which then deflects the ball-straight backwards down through the left ramp entrance .

Isn't the catapult supposed to launch the ball so it goes  around the ramp and returns through the wires to the left flipper ? Anyone else having this issue ? Any fixes ?

Paul - # 201

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catapult launch is to strong
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
Hello

Please loosen the nut holding the wireform to the hex post up in that area and move the wireform a little to the right and tighten it. See if that helps.

Thank you,
LTG : )

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 03:10:18 PM »
I noted this in another thread but I think this is the better place.
In my case, it was hitting to top-left part of the castle maybe 2/5 times. I also thought the catapult was too powerful but that's not the case.

I followed Lloyd's advice and it was an easy fix for a newbie like me. I now understand it might be hard to get this adjustment perfectly out of the factory for each machine as the right position is quite precise. A little on one side and the ball could hit the red lamp. A little on the other and it would risk hitting the top-left castle tower.

In any case, once in the wire ramp in the perfect position, the catapult works 100% of the time without hitting anything.

Offline bob

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:37:53 PM »
Same here.

I loosened the nut and moved the wireform slightly inward. It's perfect now.

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »
Chicago Gaming sent out a new ramp to cure my catapult issue ,
New ramp solved the problem and catapult now works  perfectly .
Many Thank loyd and CGM
Paul

Offline 1PinballKnight

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
BoxedBeef, what was wrong with your ramp that it needed replacing since most if not all the time the  wire form just needed moved and tightened down?

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
Apparently the original ramp must have been misformed or bent  . I moved and then tightened the original ramp  minutely left and then right at castle mount maybe 50 times trying to fine tune it . It was never right and was smashing the red strobe light or the back side of the castle 30 + percent of the time . CGC sent out new ramp and problem was immediately solved . Even before I fine tuned it the difference was obvious . Now the ball flow from the catapult into and around the rampant is smooth as silk . I hope this clarifys the issue .
Thanks, Paul
MMR # 201

Offline 1PinballKnight

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply Boxed beef. It was very informative about your malformed ramp. I hope that was a freak one in a million accident/mess up that no one else has to encounter, Rich