• April 29, 2024, 02:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Left kickup from the moat  (Read 9612 times)

Offline sandbagger

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Left kickup from the moat
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »
having a problem with the popper that kicks the ball back up from the moat.
Some times it takes 2,3,4,5.... times for it to make it onto the playfield.
I tried all the settings for the coil and nothing fixed it, although it might have been 5% better when set to min.

I do not see any physical way to adjust anything?
is there something I am missing?

I had to fix the shooter lane kickout, that was no problem.
other than that #192 has been flawless since being picked up in Chicago in person.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Left kickup from the moat
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »
Please check that is has a coil sleeve. Moves freely. Bracket isn't bent or anything so the ball doesn't get a good kick. And where the plunger rests should be a rubber grommet. Please check that it is there, and clean so the plunger doesn't stick to it. If it's missing, the plunger will ride too low in the coil and not get a full power kick.

LTG : )

Offline sandbagger

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
I will have to double check that it had a sleeve but when I was inspecting/ trying to figure out what to adjust I know the plunger was not sloppy or tight.  coils was tight, rubber grommet was there.

seems to get a good kick, its like its getting hit at an angle.   
I tried all the power settings and nothing seemed to make it better or worse

no easy way to watch it but seems to bounce around in there and not shoot straight up?

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »
After installing a Mantis protector on the kick out area I found that I had the same problem , ball would rarely come out to the playfield . After further inspection I found that I had to realign the kicker assembly by loosening the 3 mounting screws and rotating it slightly clockwise . If you inspect assembly from the top you will see that as the ball is kicked up it is hitting the playfield metal guide ramp at the outlet area  and dropping it back down . Not a hard fix but must be perfectly aligned . Hope this helps . Paul

Offline sandbagger

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »
I didnt see any way to rotate it one bit, screws holding it to the PF are holes not slots.

I did take and bend the bottom of the coil asy toward the bottom of the game as the whole thing looked like it was bent slightly outward(toward the cabinet side).  I think this was causing the ball to fire toward the back of the shoot and possibly even catching the edge. Once I bent it slightly(1/16"-3/32" maybe) inward so that it would shoot more toward the outlet of the shoot I ran about 30 balls at the lowest coil setting and then 30 more at max and no problems.

It is fixed

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »
Great news Sandbagger , now  go enjoy your game !!!!