• April 24, 2024, 03:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Coin mechs ? What is needed .  (Read 11158 times)

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Coin mechs ? What is needed .
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:48:25 PM »
Awaiting my Gold LE , possibly next week . What coin mechs do I need to buy ? Just the Suzo Happ .25 cts ? Plus mounting brackets or ? Just want everything ready set go !

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Coin mechs ? What is needed .
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:56:54 PM »
Any 25 cent mech will work. I prefer the metal ones. There are three holes on each side, and usually come with two studs screwed into those holes each side. For the coin door on MMR, with the mech facing you, you don't need any studs on the right side of the mech, and on the left side you need studs in the top and bottom holes only.

All you need is the mech. On the coin door all the mounting stuff is there. Lift the plastic flap up, snap the mech in - flat side to the coin door and stud side to the outside. Lower the plastic flap so it hooks the studs, and you are good to go.

LTG : )

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
Thanks Loyd , your the best ! You have helped me previously with my other preorder game .
Thrilled to see you pitching in on the MMR as well .
Paul , Miami . fl.

Offline sandersj

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 07:34:00 AM »
I installed coin mechs in my MMR last night (purchased from PPS) and while I eventually got them installed I had to completely re-route a significant portion of the coin door harness that was run right across the middle of the door causing a mechanical interference.  Its working (at least one in, one reported issues and may need tweaking) but this is something that seriously needs to be changed at the factory during assembly.

Offline Pablito

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »
Ughh I plan on installing them too. Thought it would be a snap. Rerouting a wiring harness sounds like a pain in the ass. Hopefully Rick can bubble that up to Doug and Stern to make the change.

Offline mcc

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:55 AM »
Same - hope it is adjusted.

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »
I just finished installing coin mechs . No issues whatsoever , moved center wire tie that was attached to the door , set wires into the recessed area and mounted the mechs . Works great and the machine recognizes the coins !  Ps. I did not have to reroute anything nor disconnect anything . Just moved the one  wire tie from the door mount behind the new mechs and left it loose . Mechs now keep it in the proper area with no compression on the wires whatsoever .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:01:49 PM by Boxedbeef »