• May 05, 2024, 02:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Popper, Catapult and left Troll not working MMR0082 Ticket#139  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Tbgoofen

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
My game has been down for nearly a month now (ticket says 24 days). 

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or suggestion(s).  The popper, catapult and left troll work intermittently.  The game will play normal and then a ball will land in the catapult or popper.  The game will recognize the switch but the solenoid will not fire.  The game will go into ball search and fire all the solenoids except the popper, catapult and left troll.  Occasionally after several ball searches the solenoid in question will fire again.  The ball will get stuck again and require shutting down the machine.  Sometimes a reboot won't work and the game continues to malfunction.

What I have done so far (and no change)...
1.  Checked all fuses and reseated
2.  Reseated all cables
3.  Switch test confirms all switches working (lights and sound flash during game but do not fire)
4.  Solenoid test confirms that all solenoids work.  However, after game malfunctions solenoids do not fire in test.
4.  Replaced the ethernet cable
5.  CGC sent me PIA chips for beagle and under playfield board (no change)
6.  figured out that the popper and catapult are on the same driver board but the troll is not (schematics).
7.  lit candles, prayed, and continue to beg CGC to return my emails after 10 days with no replies. 

Is it software?  Bad buffer chips?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Tim

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:29:02 AM by Tbgoofen »

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Popper, Catapult and left Troll not working MMR0082 Ticket#139
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »
I'll let Ron know as soon as I get in touch with him,
Lloyd

Offline Tbgoofen

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Popper, Catapult and left Troll not working MMR0082 Ticket#139
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Still haven't heard back from chicago gaming.