• April 16, 2024, 12:03:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Ball gets Stuck in Damsel Tower  (Read 8830 times)

Offline MrSanRamon

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Ball gets Stuck in Damsel Tower
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »
Ball is getting struck in tower, before it reaches the switch assembly at the bottom.  It's stuck tight enough so the ball search does not shake it loose.

If you tilt the playfield front up a bit, to slide it forward, the ball usually comes loose but not always.

I dropped a few balls into the tower by hand and it seems that the tower plastic "drop hole" is either too tight or the lip at the bottom is too large.

If the ball gets stuck, and that's about every time it goes there, the glass has to be removed and either the playfield needs to be tipped or I have to use my finger to push the ball thru to the bottom, where it then falls into the playfield lane.

This is a real pain; please advise on solution.

Robert Fellows
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:24:05 PM by MrSanRamon »

Offline rob

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ball gets Stuck in Damsel Tower
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »
Use the Tower of an Original MM  :)

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »
Please turn the game off. Lift playfield and rest on the front of cabinet. Remove the right wireform to the right ramp. Remove the right ramp. No need to unplug them, you can position them out of the way so you can remove the damsel tower.

Then check it over. Something fall in there ? Switch stiff and catching ball ? Tower not positioned properly ?

Thank you,
LTG : )

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
I'm sorry. First thing you might check is the post below the playfield that goes up and holds the ball in the tower.

I'd check that first to see it moves freely.

LTG : )

Offline roland_rat

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:43:32 AM »
I had the same problem for ages and found that best fix was to insert a small washer (or two if needed) between the metal bracket holding the tower and the plastic of the tower itself.

After moving the right ramp away, you can unscrew the tower and slide a washer just underneath the top of the tower. Works a charm now, no more hang-ups. Good luck.