• April 18, 2024, 01:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR Shaker not working  (Read 25207 times)

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
MMR Shaker not working
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:33 AM »
So I unboxed my MMR Saturday and the flippers needed to be aligned and also the shaker motor does not work, We went into the service menu to make sure the shaker was turned on and it was but never turns on like when you destroy the castle or trolls or catapult. In the menu we also did the shaker test but it also never shook. So I will call Chicago Gaming tomorrow and report it and have them help troubleshoot the issue. I have no idea what board the shaker is attached to to see if any connections were loose but looked at the beagle board and also the control boards under the playfield but saw no loose connections. Knowing where it is connected will be the first thing but the manual really doesn't show where it is and just says J6?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:52:14 PM by tdunbar »

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR Shaker not working
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »
If you have a meter, please take the cover off and see if you have power to the motor when it should be turning.

Then we know where next, motor issue or not getting power.

Thank you,
LTG : )

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you have a meter, please take the cover off and see if you have power to the motor when it should be turning.

Then we know where next, motor issue or not getting power.

Thank you,

okay thanks I can do that, for a quick check  does it get power from the powers supply board on connector cr2 to see if that connector is loose? Manual page 1-56 power supply board connections?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:14:32 PM by tdunbar »

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »
I just talked with Lloyd, who is just catching up from being at TPF, but we did discuss your question/issue and will be following up to get addresses - sounds like connector to me.

rick

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
I just talked with Lloyd, who is just catching up from being at TPF, but we did discuss your question/issue and will be following up to get addresses - sounds like connector to me.

rick

I also put in a ticket with Chicago Gaming earlier this am so thanks for all the help. Just knowing where all the connectors for the shaker are will help and will do the voltage test. Everything else is fine and I am happy with the game. I do have a very small scratch near the lockdown bar and a very small paint kit would be nice to do touchups if possible.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »
We are working on touch up especially for the gold.

rick

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
On the shaker motor.

Please look into the power supply on the right side of the cabinet, right inside the coin door. CR2 fuse/LED should be on ( green ) when the shaker motor is running.

From the power supply J6 goes to J4 on the controller board. Those would be the spots to check for loose connector/wire.

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:46 AM »
Shaker was getting 16.71 volts and the fuses were fine and the connection in the power driver board box connection for the shaker was connected. We took the shaker out and checked its wiring connection and that was fine, We reconnected everything and tested the shaker but I found that if I hand cranked it, it ran fine in the test, I stopped the test and started it again but shaker did not start but by hand pushing it to revolve it ran.  On the 3rd time it did not start again and I hand cranked it to run and ran it for almost one minute and we started to smell something burning which was the shaker, Stopped the test and it never ran again even by hand starting it, So something was not right with the shaker motor and was not strong enough to start itself then when running it burnt itself out, so another shaker would be appreciated, Thanks for the help. Let me know if I need to tell Chicago Gaming whom I did not hear back from and the ticket is #10 Medieval Madness #95 shaker motor not functioning which I requested 14 hours ago,

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »
Please disconnect the shaker motor for now.

Email me You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and see what to do to get you a new motor. Yours has a dead winding.

You likely have to register on the help desk and open a ticket.

Thank you,
Lloyd

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 08:23:50 AM »
Please disconnect the shaker motor for now.

Email me You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and see what to do to get you a new motor. Yours has a dead winding.

You likely have to register on the help desk and open a ticket.

Thank you,
Lloyd

I had disconnected it after the 3rd test and had already put in a ticket  yesterday and I will email you. Thanks

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
So I responded to all early this morning and wanted to know if a shaker was now being sent?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:53:35 AM by tdunbar »

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
Look at who my agent is handling my ticket for my issue at Chicago Gaming, I don't know if that is good or bad? From the ticket it said:
Agent Working on This Ticket

Doug Duba

President

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 10:15:55 AM »
So I am still waiting to hear if I can get a replacement shaker motor. So I identified the problem on Monday March 30th and issued a ticket to Chicago Gaming that same day, got a reply that CG received my issue ticket, Lloyd asked on Monday to try some things to identify the problem and I followed thru and by doing that found out my shaker motor had a bad winding. So reported that back to Llyod and Chicago Gaming and updated my ticket with the problem and my shipping info and game number on Tuesday March 31st and have heard nothing since. I asked Lloyd yesterday Wed. April 1st to help me find out why my issue has not been addressed. Now Thursday April 2nd and still waiting. I am not bashing anyone here but just trying to get this issue moving and resolved. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Offline tdunbar

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 01:16:00 PM »
I am getting unhappy with the response so can someone give me a happy pill please cause I am bouncing around trying to IE explore if someone has responded to my request on different sites and I am starting to talk to myself since no one answers!

Offline Lloyd Olson

• Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »
Chicago Gaming has your information, and Doug inquired about your address to me, which I pointed out is on the ticket.

So right now I believe Doug is taking care of it.

Thank you,