• March 28, 2024, 05:43:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Error message: diverter stuck closed  (Read 8851 times)

Offline Tims3484

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Error message: diverter stuck closed
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
hello, have and MMR LE and I’m having an issue with the right ramp diverter. It moves up and down with a solenoid. Down allows you to make the damsel shot. Closed it diverts the ball to the wire ramp back towards the flipper. The diverter with work properly in test moving up and down repeatedly. The next test, diverter “hold” (in down position I believe) does nothing. No movement. I inspected fuses, electronics, wire continuity, etc. all seemed to check okay. I suppose it could be a bad transistor? Not sure the proper way to test those while installed in a board. And I couldn’t find which one runs the diverter. In any case, I need some guidance if someone out there has any suggestions. Thanks, Tim

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Error message: diverter stuck closed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:05:55 AM »
Hello Tim
Does it work in game play ?
The tests with holds like that diverter and flippers, are funky at best. You have to physically hold them up then do the hold test. They don't have enough power to go up in hold test.
LTG : )