• April 25, 2024, 05:54:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Faulty Troll Switches Error  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Cornelius

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Faulty Troll Switches Error
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:19:31 PM »

Hi, I am currently experiencing an issue with the troll switches.

While performing the Trolls Test (T.20 in the Test Mode) I get the following messages:

1) Left Troll Up Switch Bad
2) Right Troll Up Switch Bad

When I perform the test the trolls do not pop up (they stay down). In regular game play the trolls used to operate properly. However, now the left troll will still pop up and down properly but does not sense hits from the pinball.

This faulty troll switch error has been an issue since day #1 of owning the machine.

Is this an actual defect or is this how they are supposed to operate during the test mode?

Do I need to have these switches replaced (troll up switch #74 & #75)? Can someone from technical support please advise.

Thanks

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty Troll Switches Error
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
I wouldn't worry about troll tests. ( did you have the high power interlock enabled for this test ? )

Go into Tests - Switch Edge, raise a troll up above the playfield and push the troll face with your finger, if it works, it needs simple adjusting so it's more sensitive. If it doesn't work like this, follow the wires to the connector nearby for them and to the board, reseat the board connectors a couple times. Then see if they work.

The troll face is part of a simple leaf blade switch, new switches won't help. Wiring from them, through the connector, to the board, or the board has a problem.

At the board, you can also plug the troll switch into a different switch spot and see if it works, it would register on the screen as a different switch, but then you know the issue is on the board. Which is very unlikely.

LTG : )