• March 28, 2024, 06:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: AFMR - Q&A Input?  (Read 48066 times)

Offline Flowst

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
  • Aviator
    • View Profile
Re: AFMR - Q&A Input?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Now that consumer interest is peaked, reviews are in, and orders placed...Does PPS have any schedule for production runs, estimated shipping etc?

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »
Well, I think CGC is the authority on Production status, but what we have bee told:
- Production starts in May - will need to ramp up - they are targetting 200/games per month +/-
- They will then produce some SE/CE to get show machines and showroom machines for dealers as well as to ensure the process
- Then they will primarily focus on LE's, but may insert some SE/CE (especially for Intl' customers who order a mix in a container.
- LE customers who own MMR's will be prioritized for matching LE #'s
- Then at some point (probably after 450-500 units) they will run some more MMRs (est July Aug) - probably 250-500 max
- My guess is that they are trying to get all LE's by end of the year, certainly sooner if things work the way they project.

All of this is subject to change ... based on what really happens.

As far as 'when do I get my game' questions - It's really difficult to pinpoint exactly when ... why?
1) First, all of the factors above - anything changes (for better or worse) timing comes in or goes out
2) Each reseller only knows their allocation (i.e. their 'line') and don't really have visibility to others, they should get games as a % of their allocation (ideally) - so if there are 1000 LE's and a reseller has 25 of them, then ideally they get one out of every 50
3) We know that #2 doesn't usually work out that way for so many reasons - efficiency of shipping, if resellers don't have payment yet, if international order, customer orders a couple of games, etc.
4) Options like even trim can re-arrange things -  if a batch of trim colors is run then that may cause things to get out of order - this is why minimal number of options matters (ideally zero options)

What most resellers can probably tell you is 'where' you are in their line relatively (soon, first 25%, last 25%, etc) - as a specific # is not particularly helpful without more info. Larger resellers get more allocation and thus more games for every 100 made, etc.

Any CGC updates will help resellers try to project when games will be available, but there are alway starts/stops, etc. Hopefully for the AFMR and the upcoming MMR runs there will be more of a steady state of production.

So yes, we will have alot of information, but it will be (as always) an 'estimate' ... the closer you are to the information the better you can predict. And PPS is the largest reseller as well as have as much information as anyone other than CGC itself.

Rick

Offline Flowst

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
  • Aviator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 06:50:45 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Rick,
Your estimates are even better than I hoped!  I can wait for quality.
Jim

Offline pocketscience

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
Rick, any news on what specifically is being done for protection around the SOL hole (i.e. Cliffy, Mantis, etc?), and is that the only place getting protection out of the box.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
I expect unless there are some difficulties that MMRs will have some SOL protector - most likely more like a mantis design (as there is no existing wear which is where cliffy's are best) ... exactly what that will be or look like, no idea. Not sure about other areas, but I know there are concerns that the protectors that in other areas like the drop target one interfere with the original mechs, but that is about all I have heard.

Offline pocketscience

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
Will any sort of leg/cabinet protection be included? If not, what's recommended?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2017, 11:02:01 PM »
I would imagine the same as MMR - metal.

LTG : )

Offline 1PinballKnight

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 07:17:08 PM »
Question for Rick, do you have an email for other questions not related to this subject/thread of interest? Thanks, R

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »
sure ... just email me at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gaspumprob

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 12:00:16 AM »
PPS is great! They emailed me right back as soon as they received my full payment cashiers check and also confirmed what I requested as far as our business hours and vacation shut down schedule! Thanks Rick,

Rob

Offline bagajellydonuts

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Quick question, LEs will arrive with mirror blades. Has felt or any other buffer been installed at the factory or should owners install "something" if they are concerned about scuffing?

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
No buffer from the factory. Install your own if you are concerned.

LTG : )