• March 29, 2024, 01:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Three blown fuses and three fried coils. any reason?  (Read 6773 times)

Offline hocuslocus

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Three blown fuses and three fried coils. any reason?
« on: November 12, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »
I just got a call earlier today about a balls not being in a game, so I went to find a really distinct burning smell coming from the game.
looking under the table and found three blown fuses and three shorted coils. replaced them all and everything seems fine now. The only thing I did differently, is recently I put one other pin and this one on a digital timer. They both turn on at the same time, but at least they stay off for a certain amount of time everyday. It had been working fine for about a week until now. That is if it even has anything to do with that. One coil was for the right sling, another was for the castle when it shakes and the last was for the bottom jet bumper.

The timer rated at 20 amps, it's actually a pretty decent one intermatic timers
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. They actually have some din rail smart timers coming out next year that are really nice. I've had issues with others in the past and have used this one for other games and have never had any problems.

I can only speculate as to why this might of happened, but if anyone has any other idea's let me know. Usually stuff like this is just symptoms of a bigger issue. who know's

Think I'm just past the one year mark so warranty no longer applies.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Three blown fuses and three fried coils. any reason?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:11:01 PM »
No idea the what or why, but I would suspect the timer.

Maybe a voltage drop with both games going on at the same time ?

LTG : )