• March 28, 2024, 08:40:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: BOP Side art  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Talon2000

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
BOP Side art
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »
So I've seen several Nextgen sideart packages, and while they look nice, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the way the texture looks, and feels.

I'm looking at getting a set of BOP, and MM art is there a way to get that printed from PPS where it's smooth and has the semi gloss look like original?

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
Re: BOP Side art
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 02:36:26 PM »
No, the originals are screen printed, and have raised ink, just as the next gen do.

I'm not sure why it would matter, especially when this is how the originals are with screen printing directly on the cabinet.

Offline Talon2000

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: BOP Side art
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »
I know the originals are screen printed, but the process of printing the Nextgen isn't even close to the look and feel of real silk screened art. NextGen art feels like a rough orange peel, almost like laminate Polycarbinate. Silk screen will have raise edges where the art stops, it will be smooth on solid colors, not rough like Next Gen art.

But if the answer to the question is that you won't print sideart in any other form other than Nextgen then I have my answer.