• April 25, 2024, 01:04:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Ball stuck behind Castle  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Ball stuck behind Castle
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
Hi Lloyd,
Appreciate your assistance on this matter.  I have heard nothing back from the Engineering dept @ CGC after you passed along my ticket 5 weeks ago.  The game is unplayable as the ball gets tightly wedged at least once per game, requiring glass removal.  I believe the frequency of sticking has increased since new as I now advance much deeper in the game.  So I have a few questions:
I have not lifted up the playfield at this point to attempt any maintenance. 

Issue: ball gets wedged between the 2 walls at the raised metal bracket during a weak Joust shot.  Hard shots squeeze through.

Proposed Solution:
I believe the correct fix is to remove the metal bracket, bend it back at the base a few degrees, reinstall it, and finally bend the lower wall that wraps around it to fit snuggly back around it.  Bending the lower wall must be done in such a manner so as to not create a flat "resting spot" for the ball.  Bending the top/outer wall is not an option as it would negatively impact the smooth trajectory of fast Joust shots.

1. The metal bracket in the attached photo has 2 screws with nuts on the underside of the playfield.  Is it possible to reach both screws with a long handled screw driver without removing the Peasant ramp?  Access to one screw looks feasible but not sure about the other one...

2. If the second screw above is not reachable, how much of the playfield must be removed to access it?

3. Thoughts on this solution... Any better ideas?

I have cleaned behind the impacted area but not waxed it as the area is hard to reach and removing the wax would be difficult.  There appears to be nothing on either the playfield or walls...

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ball stuck behind Castle
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Hello

I am sorry CGC didn't get back to you.

3. Your solution sounds the best.

1. I think you'll have to remove the peasant ramp, not necessarily all the way, two screws on metal flap, screw through dragon, lock nut near by and a couple on the right rear, and the wireform to that ramp, and you may be able to move it enough to get in there. Otherwise 2 or 3 connectors below the playfield and lift it out.

2. Shouldn't be too much else if anything in the way.

LTG : )

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ball stuck behind Castle
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
Ok thanks Lloyd... The screw thru dragon is part of the Damsel ramp... Was thinking that might be required... I am going to hire my distributor to do this and will provide this as input into the quote... My distributor for Stern NIBs would have done this under warranty on his dime.