Some additional guidelines in addition to the standard registration agreement:
This forum is primarily designed to communicate and benefit the pinball community. As such you have a responsibility in this forum to:
- be concise - lots of posts and streams of replies without any read contribution cause people not to read.
- be constructive - if you have something ON TOPIC and valuable to add, please do so - we want to have constructive dialog that help people
- be positive - there are many people who want to be negative for one reason or another, that is for other places, not here.
- be respectful - if you cannot be and let your emotions get the best of you, you will not remain here, also please keep any obsessive compulsive tendencies from here as well.
A couple of other pet peeves:
- do not post something as a fact especially about others or businesses unless you know it to be a fact
- do not post something just to stir up controversy - it is easily detected and for this we actively moderate
- do not post stuff that is not pinball related - this is a pinball forum - post other stuff somewhere else, not here
- do not contribute to runaway threads - people do not want to read them as they contain nothing useful
- do not take issues with vendors to this forum - take them directly to the vendor FIRST
- do not take posts and attachments from this forum and post them elsewhere
This is a moderated forum, and as such the moderators have authority to warn people, remove posts, remove threads, ban users, and delete accounts. We certainly don't want to do this, but we also want a civil place to discuss pinball, and if anyone disrupts that we will moderate as required.
This is the default registration agreement used by many forums and will also apply in addition to the above here:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum. The owner of the forum retains ownership of all content posted on it.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded. This information would only be used in the event of some major violation of this agreement and/or any valid legal request that is made requesting such information.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.