• April 23, 2024, 04:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Need software update for Catapult to eject two balls !!!!!!  (Read 17186 times)

Rat

Need software update for Catapult to eject two balls !!!!!!
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »
I have put my Catapult eject up to +1 power but it still has some trouble ejecting two balls and sometimes tries multiple times and then gives up until the other ball in play is lost. This can ruin a good games as it gives you the chance to play with a single ball for jackpots so is not a legitimate score IMO.

If I turn it up to +2 it will eject two balls more successfully but it slams the balls around the wireform too quickly when there is just one ball, which is most of the time.

An easy solution would be to include in the software that if there are four Catapult ejects in a row (within 2 seconds) that the next ones will be at full power until there has not been an eject for 5 seconds, then it would revert back to default power.

Then I could go back to having the smoother default power and better ability to eject two balls, win win  8)

Please send me a code for my fee Color DMD upgrade download for sharing this awesome idea  ;D

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Need software update for Catapult to eject two balls !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »
it's wms object code, there are not 'software updates' to that level that modify the logic of the game, so without that then you have the same game as you already have, which I would expect has the same situation. But a great idea and we will note it ;-)

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:53 AM »
not likely. not unless we start recompiling the code and adding features to MMR, which we've never discussed. Changing the code has the ability to create all new issues, and the testing of that type of code would take alot of effort to ensure nothing got broken ... so I don't see it happeneing anytime soon.

rick

Offline Drewblood419

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 01:04:25 PM »
From what I understand this is also an issue on original medieval madness machines and that some have removed the one-way gate from the catapult area which effectively solved the problem. On my MMR I have had two balls stuck in the catapult a few times  but they seem to clear fine without adjusting any coil strength Settings

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:19:35 PM »
On my original MM, when I got it. I watched where the balls were hitting the wireform. I bent it a little down right there, so balls would more go up it than at it.

LTG : )

Offline schonb25

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
Removing the one-way gate does help this quite a bit.

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »
I tried that but got too many bounce outs.  When two get stuck in there, I just shake the crap out of it until they come free.

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »
With relative frequency I end up with 2 balls stuck in the catapult.  Last night I had a world beating 3 balls in the catapult with 4 in play... Amazingly one came out on its own, but the other two required game stoppage and glass removal as is always the case.

I acknowledge that this may be the poster child for "first world problem", but in any regard it is frustrating to have a great game and score go sideways due to this issue.  This tends to happen with relative frequency because one obvious strategy to employ during any of the multiball modes is to hit the Joust orbits so the balls get temporarily trapped in the pop bumpers, leaving fewer balls to manage.  Of course an errant joust orbit shot from the right flipper can easily land in the catapult... Far easier it seems than when actually aiming for it...

Software solution:  if the catapult fails once then apply full power Scotty on subsequent catapults until the balls are cleared.  Please Rick/Lloyd, discuss this with CGC.

Thx
Cam

Offline schonb25

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 11:15:05 PM »
The original has the exact same issue. It's a faithful reproduction in that regard.

Offline Farberstyle

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 01:09:51 AM »
A faithful reproduction indeed.
It gets two balls stuck in the catapult on the original just as often on the remake. Enjoy the "feature"!

Offline gliebig

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 09:19:51 AM »
I just nudge the s**t out of it until they come free.

Offline adie161265

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »
I have had 2 balls in there a few times and it quickly ejects both, I even got 3 in there and it cleared them, all on standard settings out of the box.
Current line up TAF, TZ, CV, HS2 and MMr on order

Too late to play FT, STtNG, Jokerz

Offline Kotzo

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »
I was plagued by the two ball catapult trap as well.  Always had to shut er down and pull them out by hand.  A real pain in the buns when you got a nice little game going.

This thread coupled with a google/pinside search, I was able to solve the problem.
(credit to a guy named Ed and LTG)
I cranked the catapult strength to max, and moved the catapult wireform to the right behind the castle.  The movement of the wireform gives you a good exit when you just have the normal 1 ball in there.  Otherwise it can crash into some stuff.
(it still does every so often)

It doesn't clear on the first time, most of the time.  It usually takes 3. But, it resolves itself before the machine goes into "eject everything" mode

good luck dude.