• April 26, 2024, 12:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Fine playfield scratches  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Fine playfield scratches
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »
Lloyd
Had my MMRLE professionally installed.  One of the installers fixed a couple minor problems with the metal ramp protectors.  The game was boxed until delivered, and was not unboxed prior to delivery.  I did not inspect the playfield closely at time of delivery.  After finally getting a chance to play it a few days later a few playfield scratches caught my eye once I turned it off.  I removed the glass and upon closer inspection noticed fine scratches covering the majority of the playfield, except the orange area Near the bottom.  These scratches are very visible when viewed from certain angles, even with the glass installed.  I inspected the balls for a second time and did not notice any imperfections either visually or to the touch.  Total gameplay is less than an hour.  I have since applied two coats of polish from a local distributor that I have used with great success on my STLE and it has partially masked some of the scratches.  I can't believe this is normal.  My only other NIB to compare is STLE and that playfield is mint with virtually no scratches when viewed from any angle even with the glass removed.  Is there possibly a clearcoat issue?  I reported this a few days ago to my distributor.
Thx

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fine playfield scratches
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »
Please open a ticket so CGC can figure it out.

Thank you,
LTG : )

Offline kidchrisso

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fine playfield scratches
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »
I have them as well...big deal, just play the damn thing :o