• April 23, 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Check L Gate Stuck Closed  (Read 9426 times)

Offline frolic

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Check L Gate Stuck Closed
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »
I have a credit dot and this is the error. I am not seeing anything wrong while I play. I am not sure where the L Gate is, but I'm guessing it is on the orbit? Joust works correctly.

I tried to make the message go away with a switch test but wasn't sure what or where to trigger it and it is still there. Any help where the L Gate is and how to clear the dot would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Check L Gate Stuck Closed
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
Play some games and it go away on it's own.

Castle gate errors are caused when the gate is up, a ball goes by, and the switch after it gets missed.

There is a left and right gate. When you launch a ball into play it goes up above the lanes into the pop bumper and hits the closed left gate then bounces into the closed right gate.

Going into switch edge test won't erase this error.

Just play some games and it will right itself.

You can go into coil tests and check if the left or right gate lift. Since your game is new, I'm pretty sure the gates themselves are fine.

LTG : )

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:59 PM »
Also there is a switch inside the left catapult and if that switch is not hit in some period of balls (I think 100), then the credit dot goes on (as does on original MM's). This tripped me up on our sample mmr. Just register that switch if it bothers you and it will go away as well. I'm not sure why WMS did things that way, so moral of the story is that credit dots do not necessarily mean something is wrong ...

rick

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:49:27 PM »
The Williams programming usually would pop up an error if a switch isn't hit in ten games or 30 balls.

The gate error would pop up sooner.

As Rick said, doesn't always mean something is wrong.

LTG : )

Offline frolic

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
Thanks. The dot has gone away on its own.

I've seen the catapult one pop up. Usually you trigger it in a test and it will clear it up. It is annoying to have a dot visible. Maybe if the game software is updated they can raise the # so there will be less "false positives" and normal (bad) play won't trigger it.