• April 23, 2024, 05:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Slingshot Damage  (Read 48705 times)

Offline Fuse

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Slingshot Damage
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:07 PM »
This issue was brought to my attention on pinside so I checked out mine.  Damage has been done.  Do I need to contact cgc directly? Thanks

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Slingshot Damage
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This issue was brought to my attention on pinside so I checked out mine.  Damage has been done.  Do I need to contact cgc directly? Thanks
Any way to tweek this? Just looked on my machine and it's pretty minimal currently but I do see a tiny chip. Wouldn't want it to get worse.

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:44:05 AM »
Loosen the screws holding the slingshot kicker bracket and move back from the hole and tighten back down. See if that gives you enough space.

LTG : )

Offline Fuse

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
There are 3 screws holding it. So there is no give. Holes would likely have to be filled then new pilot holes be drilled since the new holes would be too close to the originals.  Then there is still the damaged Playfield after that.

Offline melbourne

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »
Loyld,

I'm seeing the same issue with my MMR.  The sling is striking the playfield causing damage to the wood and chipping the clear in that area.  I've already lowered the solenoid power to MIN.  Not sure if that will help because mechanically the travel itself is the problem.  I'll open a ticket.

Thanks,
-Mike

Offline Dr-hex

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:08:44 PM »
Unfortunately it would seem I have the same issue. Right sling shot is already chipping and left is just starting :'( . Not what I would expect with only 50 some games on a brand new machine.

Chad

Offline epthegeek

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:52:55 PM »
There are 3 screws holding it. So there is no give. Holes would likely have to be filled then new pilot holes be drilled since the new holes would be too close to the originals.  Then there is still the damaged Playfield after that.

It's currently hitting the wood, and will only move farther as the coil stop wears -- and you really think you'd move it so minimally that the holes would hit each other?

Offline Fuse

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:37:20 PM »

It's currently hitting the wood, and will only move farther as the coil stop wears -- and you really think you'd move it so minimally that the holes would hit each other?
It only has to be moved likely an 1/8". Going far enough away from original holes might create new problems, such has the arm hitting the opposite side as well as the sling rubber wouldn't be hit at the proper angle. I don't know. Not trying anything until I hear from cgc.

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 09:57:31 AM »
Stern and CGC are meeting today to review all of the issues, and Lloyd and myself are involved. We have added this to that list, which is SIMPLY addressed in manufacturing as you can all imagine, so this is something that will obviously be addressed.

rick

Offline Dr-hex

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:50 AM »
Rick that's great that it's an easy fix going forward, but what about the rest of us that already have damaged playfields?

Offline jfesler

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 01:21:07 PM »
Or want to avoid damage.

Offline Leo

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »
If you want to avoid damage, the fix is pretty simple: unscrew the slingshot, then move it backward and make new holes/rescrew.

For the rest of us with already damaged playfields, wait and see but it's not going to be an easy answer...

Offline warbie1

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »
Rick that's great that it's an easy fix going forward, but what about the rest of us that already have damaged playfields?

A populated playfeild is the only thing that is going to make this right. I have faith the right thing will be done.

Offline Skypilot

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »

A populated playfeild is the only thing that is going to make this right. I have faith the right thing will be done.

CAn we get back to reality. There is no way a company can do what you ask. If you bought a new car and found a damaged quarterpanel would you expect the car to get a total new paintjob? I agree this is a bit of a problem that needs addressed but seriously.

Offline madpin123

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »
No I would expect them to replace the quarterpanel unfortunately you can not replace just part of the playfield that is damaged. "There is no way a company can do what you ask." My Stern Star trek LE had a defect on it not even as bad as this and that is actually what STERN did sent me out a populated playfield to swap out. "CAn we get back to reality" It's time for you to get back to reality because this is what pinball companys do when their is a defect in the playfields they sell. Stern makes extra playfields just in case of mistakes like this. The game is under warranty from manufacture defects and if this is not a manufacture defect I do not know what is. Also I have a hard time believing you even own a MMRLE. But if you do and your ok with the defect then good for you but I am not. Like I said tho I am sure PPS will do that right thing here.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:46:20 AM by madpin123 »