• March 28, 2024, 04:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: MMR Software Updates - Coming Soon  (Read 47106 times)

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
MMR Software Updates - Coming Soon
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
MMR Software update will be issued soon. They will be a binary file which will have a utility application to load onto an SD card (which most PC's have slots for SD cards for camera, etc support). Then the SD card fits into the backboard box, and loads the updated software.

As of right now, we are waiting for any additional feedback, and tentative software update would be in the May timeframe, and the primary 'fix' would be to address the screen transition issues that occur in some frames. We will be incorporating any additional issues, but so far they are few and far between.

Rick

Offline Wiked

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: MMR Software Updates - Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:22 AM »
Rick,

Maybe do a video on how to update etc. I know it would be easy but some could have difficulties etc.

Craig

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:53:53 AM »
Possible to use a flash drive? My computers don't have SD ports(Apple)

Offline tjc02002

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:22:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Possible to use a flash drive? My computers don't have SD ports(Apple)

You can get a USB to SD Card adapter shipped to you off eBay for as little as $1, although i would recommend spending a little more and getting one that is shipped from the USA not china, that way you will get it quicker. Also make sure you dont buy one thats for a mini or micro SD card. Good Luck. Wish i had an MMR...

Rick, Does MMR come with the SD card?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:24:30 AM by tjc02002 »

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
How's the update coming along?

Offline PPS

• Administrator
  • Five Star Member
  • PPS Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »
its coming along great.

Offline TaylorVA

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »
Excellent.

Offline Boxedbeef

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
On the update , the catapult coil is already adjustable , but it goes -default to +1 to +2. 
Default coil strength is already to high and I would like to also see a -1 to -2 . I have adjusted ramp many times and even in its best location , ball still smashes into the upper red plastic light and then comes backwards down the left side up ramp .
It really pains me to see my new game get beat up during regular game play . I had previously reported this on another thread .

Anyone else out there experiencing similar catapult problems ?

Paul , Miami , Fl # 201

Offline rand

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 03:12:46 AM »
Dam Strait ..Me to ...
Works OK once in awhile ...Then Bam right into the Red light ...
I even turned off the Shaker [which I thought may have contributed to the smashing] same thing, Bam right into the Red Light ..Great strong Eject ..but at what cost and will it last or self destruct itself ..

Aligned and Aligned Put washers In took washers Out ...
Somehow I thing that catapult ramp could have been extended a bit at the end Bend With 3 guide rails instead of the 2..From an engineering perspective ..

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 11:36:57 PM »
My catapult is also very strong. It works correctly about 4 out of 5 times. 1 out of 5 it bangs something and comes back the left ramp. I suppose that with a bit less force, it would be perfect.

I don't know if anyone noticed the same but it feels like a software bug rather than hardware. When pressing the left button there seems to be an inconsistent delay in rotating the FIRE lights to the left. It is rarely instant and seems to be depending on the action. I think it's software as the left button registers correctly to change initials in high scores. But, if it could be hardware, please give advice on how to verify. It might not be registering always correctly as sometimes, pressing both buttons to skip the bonus accounting at the end of a ball needs a few tries or doesn't register. The right button always does what it should to be software and reacts perfectly. A bit weird since I got to the save the children mini-game and it played well; didn't have any problem moving left.

Offline Leo

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »
Catapult works great with default setting ! As Lloyd replied in another thread, loosen the screw that hold the ramp near the red light and push the ramp away. It won't hit the red light cap anymore !

Offline Cam

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Catapult works great with default setting ! As Lloyd replied in another thread, loosen the screw that hold the ramp near the red light and push the ramp away. It won't hit the red light cap anymore !

Good feedback Leo...

Rick/Lloyd
If this is indeed the correct remedy I ask that you please work with Stern to ensure the ramp in question is positioned correctly for the remaining games, and said screw with spring washer is torqued to an engineered specification permitting it to survive transport...  And of course tested by the college kid,
Thx
Cam

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 01:05:12 AM »
Yeah, thanks. I followed the advice to adjust the catapult wire ramp and it was an easy tweak for the newbie I am. The right position is probably a millimeter question. In any case, I agree that the catapult's power is quite OK and doesn't need software adjustment.

Offline AxleMunshine

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 11:21:37 AM »
Concerning software updates, I was wondering if there are additional features that could eventually be released in the future.

For example, it seems the Beagleboard Black has a Ethernet jack. Would it be technically feasible to add a feature to read high scores and current scores via networking? Would be pretty cool.

Offline Leo

• PPS Forum Member
  • Two Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:35 PM »
The 1st of April, you were announcing "MMR Software update will be issued soon."

How long "soon" is ?

Thanks,
Leo.