• March 28, 2024, 05:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Electronic coin mech  (Read 9336 times)

Offline Dluth

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Electronic coin mech
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:02:11 AM »
I have my MMR on site currently with a mechanical coin mech, which works fine but it only takes $1 coins (Australian), but I want to upgrade to an electronic coin mech so that it takes $2 coins also (as $2 per game is standard here).
I have a Microcoin QL mech, which works fine in my 90s WMS games, and works in my JJP games also. These have an interface board with a 10 pin connector, which is where the ribbon cable from the coin mech attaches, and so the game knows which denomination of coin has passed through the coin mech.
MMR does not seem to have this. Does anyone know what I can do to get an electronic coin mech to work with MMR?
I'm sure it's similar with bill acceptors right? (in that the machine need tho know whether a $1 or $2 or $5 has been inserted)

------edit-------
After doing a bit of browsing, I can see that there is a 9 pin connector for bill acceptors. But this is incompatible with the 10 pin connector on electronic coin mechs.

Maybe this is what I need:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But I'm not sure how to rewire the 9 pin connector to this...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:16:41 AM by Dluth »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?