• April 25, 2024, 11:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: This forum is for respectful dialog and it's content is meant to be kept on this site - so please be respectful and please do not copy content to other sites.

Author Topic: Drawbridge issue  (Read 7782 times)

Offline mjlipa

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
Drawbridge issue
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
Lloyd, All -

I am having some drawbridge trouble…I’m a new MMR owner, machine is only 2w in service (HUO).  Earlier today I got the drawbridge down/up switch broken error like others have had.  On investigation, I put my bridge to neutral location and tested bridge leaf switches - both the UP and DOWN switches (56, 57) are working properly in the switch test matrix, so I don’t believe I have any loose connections (which I also checked for).  What seems to happen when I go to bridge test (T18) is that the bridge closes…the DOWN switch registers…the motor stops.  Then the motor continues after a few seconds in the same direction (it gets “more closed”).  The motor will spin for a few seconds, then stop, then continue.  But it always seems to be trying to close the bridge. 

Any advice on what else to try?  It does not make sense to me why the bridge keeps trying to close and I never see the gears go in the opposite direction...?

Thanks!
Marty 

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Drawbridge issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:46:36 PM »
Please open a ticket under Support on the Help Desk.

We'll probably need the engineer to have a look at why it isn't reversing.

When you tested the up switches, did the correct switch report on the screen ? I was wondering if their connectors got mixed up.

Thank you,
LTG : )

Offline mjlipa

• PPS Forum Member
  • One Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »
Thanks Lloyd, I will open a ticket.  I looked closer now in the daylight ;-) and I realize that it does not need to reverse - per se - it goes in a complete circle.  However, in my case, it is binding on the lower switch (bridge down) and will not go past it.  When I manually move the bridge through this point, you can feel it catch and it takes a bit of extra force and it will then continue.  Then it goes to the top switch (bridge up) just fine and stops.  Then to bottom and stops.  When it tries to move off of bottom - it binds again persistently. 

Thank you!
Marty

Offline Lloyd Olson

• LTG : )
  • Global Moderator
  • Three Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Hello Marty

When you open a ticket, please post a picture of it. Then we'll know what needs fixing or what parts you'll need.

Thank you for your help.

LTG : )